Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

No new recruits

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> No new recruits Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
No new recruits - 6/16/2020 9:15:15 PM   
godochaos

Hi, I have never seen this before but my nation stopped producing new recruits. I'm not sure how to diagnose the source of the problem, when i look in reports I don't really see a way to address this issue, but maybe im looking in the wrong spot.

Can you advise me where to go in the UI to diagnose why im producing no recruits?
Post #: 1
RE: No new recruits - 6/16/2020 9:39:22 PM   
Lovenought

Recruiting soldiers is done on a per-city basis. You need to call one of your governors, and then ask about Zone Priorities. Inside you can set how much the sign-up bonus is for becoming a soldier, as well as how many soldiers (and/or colonists) the governor should try to recruit each turn. Keep in mind that if the private sector wages are really high, or you are currently hiring lots of workers/colonists who have high wages, then less pops will want to sign up.

A lot of other things also influence recruiting too. Loyalty of the zone, your Word score (I think). And a bunch others I don't know about. And be careful about setting the sign-up bonus too high, it can really drain credits fast when you're recruiting thousands of men a turn.

(in reply to godochaos)
Post #: 2
RE: No new recruits - 6/16/2020 9:46:37 PM   
ramnblam

The most likely issue you're facing is that your city is mad at you and the loyalty score has dipped. Disloyal cities will provide you with hardly any recruits and it can be a massive problem. Ensure you're city is danger free, build QOL buildings, station troops to crack down against strikes and rioting.

(in reply to Lovenought)
Post #: 3
RE: No new recruits - 6/16/2020 9:51:49 PM   
zgrssd

Another possible issue is that the city is "Unincorporated". This is automatically selected for coqnuered cities. It excempts them from taxes, recruitment and colonist quotas.
Recruits also need to be moved via the Logistics network. 5 Logistics point per 100, IIRC.

But there is still the question why your capitol is no longer providing recurits.

(in reply to ramnblam)
Post #: 4
RE: No new recruits - 6/16/2020 10:32:21 PM   
godochaos

AH HA!
Thanks for all the advice, it seems pop happiness in my home city is at 18. Yikes!
the thing is workers are at 82, I increased wages and upgraded to Barracks II. Next turn i will upgrade the Vidcom to II
I have a vidcom so I don't know what these people want, they are living in an apocalypse and they have TV

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 5
RE: No new recruits - 6/16/2020 10:38:36 PM   
Lovenought

There might be other things causing unhappiness. Crime syndicates, the Corporation, or one of the nastier cults might have gotten a lot of influence over the city, which makes people unhappy. Unrest makes people unhappy, as does Danger (enemy units too close), and Fear acts as a cap on happiness (although I don't know how you could get 80 fear). Nationalizing private assets also makes people unhappy.

Of all those, the Crime syndicate is the easiest to deal with. Just bring in a whole bunch of soldiers and use a Stratagem to launch a bloody crackdown. Don't worry, it doesn't seem to kill civilians.

< Message edited by Lovenought -- 6/16/2020 10:39:18 PM >

(in reply to godochaos)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> No new recruits Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI