Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Too many workers?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Too many workers? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Too many workers? - 6/16/2020 4:54:42 PM   
Sieppo

Apparently my capital is hogging up the workers from my newly conquered territory as both citizen and worker happiness are almost 100. I have around 110 000 citizens and 105 000 workers in the city. I have only one SHQ (terrified of opening another one ), the other 4 cities have small zones around them of a few hexes. Do the capital workers move around all over the SHQ area? If I remember correctly, I have set the target amount of target workers in the capital as 30k via the governor. Not home at the moment so can't check.

Can there be too many workers? I probably should try to increase the attractiveness of other cities as well to get some workers to move there also, since they only have a couple of thousand? Or increase salaries. Does the number mean there is almost full employment OR that there are still 110 000 unemployed?
Post #: 1
RE: Too many workers? - 6/16/2020 5:08:29 PM   
BlackRain

Workers are only in the zone they are in, they don't work in other zones. Other cities workers work in those zones. You can have too many workers and I like to space it out over my zones because of salaries unless each territory has the same worker salary. Sometimes you have to adjust salaries higher and you don't want to pay too many the higher salary, etc.

Just so you know, there is the private and public sectors. If you are building national industries and taking workers, they can't work in the private industry

< Message edited by BlackRain -- 6/16/2020 5:09:16 PM >

(in reply to Sieppo)
Post #: 2
RE: Too many workers? - 6/16/2020 6:03:30 PM   
OldSarge

In an earlier game I had the population of one city migrate to better opportunities/QoL in another city. Workers are recruited from the population, so you'll want to increase the attractiveness of your other cities. Add QoL facilities and encourage other private sector perks, build it and they will come.

You and the rest, you forgot the first rule of the fanatic: When you become obsessed with the enemy, you become the enemy.
Jeffrey Sinclair, "Infection", Babylon 5

(in reply to BlackRain)
Post #: 3
RE: Too many workers? - 6/16/2020 6:33:47 PM   
zgrssd

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sieppo

Apparently my capital is hogging up the workers from my newly conquered territory as both citizen and worker happiness are almost 100. I have around 110 000 citizens and 105 000 workers in the city. I have only one SHQ (terrified of opening another one ), the other 4 cities have small zones around them of a few hexes. Do the capital workers move around all over the SHQ area? If I remember correctly, I have set the target amount of target workers in the capital as 30k via the governor. Not home at the moment so can't check.

Can there be too many workers? I probably should try to increase the attractiveness of other cities as well to get some workers to move there also, since they only have a couple of thousand? Or increase salaries. Does the number mean there is almost full employment OR that there are still 110 000 unemployed?

Having most of the population and workers in the Capitol is ideal, as afaik the SHQ will not need Logistics points to collect all that!
If you got that many workers, having them there is at lesat one upside.

There is one downside to high worker counts: Salary. And from more then 1 direction.
First, Workers are easily the biggest Credit drain in your entire Regime.
Secondly, the less unemployed Population there is, the higher the Private Wages are. Wich means you need to increase Worker salary to keep them happy as well.

(in reply to Sieppo)
Post #: 4
RE: Too many workers? - 6/16/2020 7:57:47 PM   
BlackRain

quote:

ORIGINAL: OldSarge

In an earlier game I had the population of one city migrate to better opportunities/QoL in another city. Workers are recruited from the population, so you'll want to increase the attractiveness of your other cities. Add QoL facilities and encourage other private sector perks, build it and they will come.

Yeah, people can migrate but you would lose them in the city they migrated from and gain them in the city they migrated to (obviously).

I think having too many workers in the public sphere will not be good for your private industry though and you do make money with your private industry ( I think they buy things, etc. not sure if having too many workers working for national industries will affect this negatively)

(in reply to OldSarge)
Post #: 5
RE: Too many workers? - 6/16/2020 9:22:04 PM   
bobarossa

I think the income tax is applied to both public and private workers but you only pay the public ones. The times I go negative on income is when I'm building lots of stuff (lots of public workers. I can tune production after completion to not keep producing things that I don't need (and stop paying those workers). For example build a water plant and then turn it down so it only produces enough to run the food production facilities.

(in reply to BlackRain)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Too many workers? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI