Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Replacing lost components of units

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Replacing lost components of units Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Replacing lost components of units - 7/1/2020 11:10:57 PM   
Majick

Several times now for various reasons, my units have lost one particular component, and once gone it is never replaced. For example, I have a mobile infantry battalion with 10 trucks and nothing else.

Is there some way I can make a unit rebuild components which have reduced to zero, or might I just as well disband the unit?
Post #: 1
RE: Replacing lost components of units - 7/1/2020 11:24:27 PM   
Twotribes

Unless militia you will auto fill them as you have the troops available. What I do is check my shq each turn of combat see what is needed in replacements and manually make them in SHQ then it is just a matter of having a working supply line with enough Logistics to move the troops to the unit. Militia is diferent you don't control when how or why militia is raised but if SHQ has militia in it it will also refill them as logistics permit.

(in reply to Majick)
Post #: 2
RE: Replacing lost components of units - 7/1/2020 11:40:29 PM   
Majick

It's militia that I've noticed it with so far, but I'm not sure it would only be militia in this case.

I think the mechanic I'm seeing is that rep[acements only get sent to a unit if there are still troops of that type left in the unit. If I allow, for example, the infantry to go to zero they just disappear from the troops page and never get replaced. I make the same check as you mentioned to top up the SHQ replacements every turn.

I can see some logic if the mechanic does work this way, because once you lose the cadre maybe the unit should be beyond redemption. However, I'd hate to miss out on being able to repair my units if there is some way to reinstate a lost troop type...

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 3
RE: Replacing lost components of units - 7/1/2020 11:55:55 PM   
Sarissofoi

Battle groups losses are not replaced
Independent units and BG are not the same
Battle groups are ad hoc formations and Indie units are just lone unit with no OHQ.
Both can be attached to OHQ but only Indie request reinforcements from SHQ.

(in reply to Majick)
Post #: 4
RE: Replacing lost components of units - 7/1/2020 11:56:52 PM   
Twotribes

You don't control militia creation or reinforcement replacements. The way to keep getting militia in a zone is to have a low civilization score and a high militancy score in that zone. I am told by civ level 10 you pretty much are done receiving militia.

(in reply to Majick)
Post #: 5
RE: Replacing lost components of units - 7/2/2020 2:45:50 AM   
lloydster4

quote:

ORIGINAL: Majick

I think the mechanic I'm seeing is that rep[acements only get sent to a unit if there are still troops of that type left in the unit. If I allow, for example, the infantry to go to zero they just disappear from the troops page and never get replaced. I make the same check as you mentioned to top up the SHQ replacements every turn.

I can see some logic if the mechanic does work this way, because once you lose the cadre maybe the unit should be beyond redemption. However, I'd hate to miss out on being able to repair my units if there is some way to reinstate a lost troop type...

This is completely false.

(in reply to Majick)
Post #: 6
RE: Replacing lost components of units - 7/2/2020 4:07:44 AM   
Lovenought

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sarissofoi

Battle groups losses are not replaced
Independent units and BG are not the same
Battle groups are ad hoc formations and Indie units are just lone unit with no OHQ.
Both can be attached to OHQ but only Indie request reinforcements from SHQ.

Battle Groups? Is that a special type of militia that spontaneously spawns, or can you turn normal units into them too?

(in reply to Sarissofoi)
Post #: 7
RE: Replacing lost components of units - 7/2/2020 9:17:28 AM   
Majick

quote:

ORIGINAL: lloydster4

quote:

This is completely false.

Thats good news. So in the example where the infantry have all disappeared from the troops page, they will still get replaced?

(in reply to lloydster4)
Post #: 8
RE: Replacing lost components of units - 7/2/2020 9:45:32 AM   
Sarissofoi

BG are regular units that have no limits on subunits, you can form them from any units(example of BG are Galactic Republic units, they suffer some penalties and aren't automatically reinforced.
You can mix subunits freely in it.

(in reply to Lovenought)
Post #: 9
RE: Replacing lost components of units - 7/2/2020 10:33:24 AM   
ZiggyMaca

quote:

Several times now for various reasons, my units have lost one particular component, and once gone it is never replaced. For example, I have a mobile infantry battalion with 10 trucks and nothing else.

Is there some way I can make a unit rebuild components which have reduced to zero, or might I just as well disband the unit?

Yes. Go to Raise Formation. The last two buttons are Missing Units, and Missing HQ. Missing Unit will list OHQs that are missing components and allow you to reform them.

(in reply to Majick)
Post #: 10
RE: Replacing lost components of units - 7/2/2020 2:12:27 PM   
zgrssd

quote:

It's militia that I've noticed it with so far, but I'm not sure it would only be militia in this case.

You have no control over militia reinforcements.

But in turn, you also do not have to worry about supply:
The Zone reimburses you for every piece of Food, Ammo and Fuel they consume. You only need to provide the supply network.

Most of your units will be "regular" Military, ideally with a OHQ. With those reinforcements just works, as long as you build them and you got supply to move them to the front.

< Message edited by zgrssd -- 7/2/2020 2:13:50 PM >

(in reply to Majick)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Replacing lost components of units Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI