Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Maximum storage dwindling away

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Maximum storage dwindling away Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Maximum storage dwindling away - 7/2/2020 5:39:06 AM   
Maerchen

Hi!

In my last victory I observed that the max storage was dwindling away, one turn I had a max storage of 7k food, next turn 5k, I luckily won on the turn max storage was at 2.5k. This happened for all goods, food just an example. Game was 1.03.

Can someone explain how this happened and the mechanic behind it?

The logistics hell this game is IS the fun part! - Maerchen, 2020

The good thing is, we have all the information in the reports. The bad thing is, we have all the information. Maerchen, 2020

Came for SE. Will stay for SE.
Post #: 1
RE: Maximum storage dwindling away - 7/2/2020 6:33:01 AM   
lloydster4

Max Storage = 250 + (Population x 3). This can further increased with storage buildings. Only food, water, fuel, ammo, and energy have a max storage.

There is one thing that is weird. Max storage is "shared" between Zone Storage and SHQ Storage. Put another way, any resource stored in a zone subtracts from SHQ storage capacity.

If your SHQ max storage was shrinking rapidly, then I'm willing to bet that a logistics failure was causing resources to get stuck in zone storage.

Congrats on your victory!

(in reply to Maerchen)
Post #: 2
RE: Maximum storage dwindling away - 7/2/2020 7:47:47 AM   
Maerchen

Thank you for the insight. I was in the progress of getting three new cities, so yes, my logistics network was stretched out on three fronts with 2 panzercorps and one infantry army. Was a most satisfying victory on regular level.

The logistics hell this game is IS the fun part! - Maerchen, 2020

The good thing is, we have all the information in the reports. The bad thing is, we have all the information. Maerchen, 2020

Came for SE. Will stay for SE.

(in reply to lloydster4)
Post #: 3
RE: Maximum storage dwindling away - 7/2/2020 2:08:08 PM   
zgrssd

quote:

ORIGINAL: Maerchen

Hi!

In my last victory I observed that the max storage was dwindling away, one turn I had a max storage of 7k food, next turn 5k, I luckily won on the turn max storage was at 2.5k. This happened for all goods, food just an example. Game was 1.03.

Can someone explain how this happened and the mechanic behind it?

All SHQ Storage is given to it by the Zones. And only those parts, they do not need themself.

Zones try to keep 1 turn of consumption in their Zone Inventory. 2 For food. And after a conquest, you usually need emergency food as the farm is busted and you tend to hire workers.

Note that 1.04 has been out since Monday. You really should not be playing on 1.03 anymore. A lot of things are actually part of the savegame anyway, so it is hard to cause issues with a Version Upgrade.

(in reply to Maerchen)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Maximum storage dwindling away Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI