Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Hassle free install

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket >> Korsun Pocket Support >> Hassle free install Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Hassle free install - 8/14/2003 8:27:07 AM   
Adam Parker

Feeling the frustrations of some who are having challenges in this area, I thought it worthwhile to post for prospective buyers a hassle free install and run last night. No issues whatsoever. Smooth starts and exits, transitions between interface areas, saves and quick moves.

The lack of music bug of course is in place but otherwise all sound effects work beautifully (I very much like the different sounds activated as each unit moves - tracked, wheeled, foot, horse)!

As for specs - running a P4, WinXP with 512ram, twin disc drives - DVD/CD+burner. Switched off virus scanning during install. The game plays in the CD drive as normal. Will likely do so in the DVD.

Importantly on a 19"CRT monitor running at 1280x1024 with 85mhz refresh, the single zoom of the graphics are as crisp and clear as the best of any art I've seen. I even tested my screen at 1024x768 and the same result - perfectly crisp, clear graphics straight off. No pixelization at all.

So all in all the game can load without issue and on a PC that just survived the worm attack of this week ;)

John and others - I hope you get your games running soon.

Adam.

Post #: 1
Re: Hassle free install - 8/14/2003 8:32:50 AM   
John Pancoast

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Adam Parker
[B]Feeling the frustrations of some who are having challenges in this area, I thought it worthwhile to post for prospective buyers a hassle free install and run last night. No issues whatsoever. Smooth starts and exits, transitions between interface areas, saves and quick moves.

The lack of music bug of course is in place but otherwise all sound effects work beautifully (I very much like the different sounds activated as each unit moves - tracked, wheeled, foot, horse)!

As for specs - running a P4, WinXP with 512ram, twin disc drives - DVD/CD+burner. Switched off virus scanning during install. The game plays in the CD drive as normal. Will likely do so in the DVD.

Importantly on a 19"CRT monitor running at 1280x1024 with 85mhz refresh, the single zoom of the graphics are as crisp and clear as the best of any art I've seen. I even tested my screen at 1024x768 and the same result - perfectly crisp, clear graphics straight off. No pixelization at all.

So all in all the game can load without issue and on a PC that just survived the worm attack of this week ;)

John and others - I hope you get your games running soon.

Adam. [/B][/QUOTE]

Thanks. I'm sure there'll be an answer shortly.

(in reply to Adam Parker)
Post #: 2
thanks for that .. - 8/17/2003 11:03:00 PM   
bagpuss

Adam !
as a newbie too hex gaming was worrying as I read these ctd /install probs (btw not got the game yet in the UK ....been told its coming on 22aug)
I only hope an pray I dont have the same hassle/nightmare these others guys are having
cheers
bagpuss

Post #: 3
- 8/18/2003 7:15:34 AM   
Adam Parker

Bagpuss I wouldn't worry at all and I've put the remainder of this reply in the regular thread area so not to clog this section up! See you there :)

Post #: 4
- 8/18/2003 4:26:35 PM   
BrubakerII

Hey Adam welcome!

Nice to see some positive comments. Truth is of course really only the negative ones get posted - hey that's life!

I think also it is important to point out that any hassles seen here are only minor compared to getting a 1st person shooter to run (if you are having problems). The complaints here are really only monir scale and quite easily dealt with.

Brubaker

Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket >> Korsun Pocket Support >> Hassle free install Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI