Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Military Components

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Military Components Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Military Components - 12/6/2020 9:40:30 AM   
springel

The unit design process still confuses me a bit.

Designing a model is pretty fast in my current game, so I am often presented with a choice to design something new, from the same list. Completely new types of model are not so common.

For instance I recently researched rocketry, for which the description tells me that it will allow me to build rocket launchers. But I assume the basic type of rocket launcher has still to be discovered by the Design Office before I can order to actually make a prototype? Because I haven't seen them in the available choices for design. When there is a dependency on something else, how can I find that dependency?

But then I have to decide to develop a new model of an existing type, but I would like to know for which types there are new components. Like a better new personal armor is a good reason to design a new model of infantry and MG etc. types, but I somehow must remember from some report that such new armor is available. Or should I just pick a type, walk through a design, and then reject it when there is no real new component? Is such a trial with rejection free?

I think I discovered that one should not make many small upgrades to a model, as each upgrade will raise the price of the next iteration. Is this correct?

I guess that after playing enough games you will get the whole science and tech network in your head, but I find discovering the structure of that network hard work.

Post #: 1
RE: Military Components - 12/6/2020 12:39:18 PM   
Destragon

quote:

ORIGINAL: springel

For instance I recently researched rocketry, for which the description tells me that it will allow me to build rocket launchers. But I assume the basic type of rocket launcher has still to be discovered by the Design Office before I can order to actually make a prototype?

Yes. Check out the "type" tab in the management screen. It will tell you which unit types you can possibly discover.

quote:

But then I have to decide to develop a new model of an existing type, but I would like to know for which types there are new components. Like a better new personal armor is a good reason to design a new model of infantry and MG etc. types, but I somehow must remember from some report that such new armor is available. Or should I just pick a type, walk through a design, and then reject it when there is no real new component? Is such a trial with rejection free?

Yeah. It helps knowing what technologies there are that add new components. Then you don't have to click every turn to see if there's something new.
But also keep in mind that field testing is also a big factor in designing new units, because it can potentially increase all the stats of the unit.

quote:

I think I discovered that one should not make many small upgrades to a model, as each upgrade will raise the price of the next iteration. Is this correct?

You mean the BP cost of designing it? I think so, but I'm not 100% sure on it.

(in reply to springel)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Military Components Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI