Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

how to automate multiple ships at once?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> how to automate multiple ships at once? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
how to automate multiple ships at once? - 3/14/2021 12:10:25 AM   
Serben

i have a ton of construction ships. some of them have had their automation turned off because i diverted them to repair some abandoned ships. it's too much of a pain to go through the entire list one by one and re-enable their automation. is there some way to automate all of them with one just a click or two instead of having to do it one by one?
Post #: 1
RE: how to automate multiple ships at once? - 3/14/2021 12:12:36 AM   
Serben

or better yet, is there some setting that turns automation back on for idle ships if the player hasn't given them any new orders after a while?

(in reply to Serben)
Post #: 2
RE: how to automate multiple ships at once? - 3/14/2021 4:04:23 AM   
Galaxy227

Nope and nope, assuming all of your empire policies are set to strictly manual.

Dip your toes into the policy screen and set your construction ships to automated. That should have the AI take control of them all, if I remember correctly. I play strictly manual, however, rarely fiddling with automation—so take my word with a grain of salt.

< Message edited by Galaxy227 -- 3/14/2021 4:06:27 AM >

(in reply to Serben)
Post #: 3
RE: how to automate multiple ships at once? - 3/14/2021 8:21:56 AM   
Serben

there is no policy to automate construction ships. and they were already automatic. i just diverted some of them to repair some abandoned ships. now i have 50+ construction ships that are just sitting idle. the only way i can see to re-automate them is to go to EACH ONE and manually re-enable automation one by one. This will take tons of clicking and time and is a MAJOR pain and i don't want to have to deal with it. please tell me there is some way to re-enable it for all of them with just a few clicks?

(in reply to Galaxy227)
Post #: 4
RE: how to automate multiple ships at once? - 3/14/2021 7:37:23 PM   
Galaxy227

Unfortunate.

Not sure if you already know this, but another "quick" way is by pressing the A key shortcut. It turns automation on for the selected ship so you don't have to click down on the little blue arrow. Obviously you still end up having to select each individual ship though.

(in reply to Serben)
Post #: 5
RE: how to automate multiple ships at once? - 3/15/2021 1:50:25 PM   
Hyperion1

If you go in your fleet menu at the top right you can organize constructions ships by idle or not idle.

Normally you have an option for make the automation back and I think it can work with a multiple select in this menu.

(in reply to Galaxy227)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> how to automate multiple ships at once? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI