Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Use construction ships for everything to circumvent size limit?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Use construction ships for everything to circumvent size limit? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Use construction ships for everything to circumvent siz... - 2/20/2021 6:27:45 PM   
Nikratio

Hi,

It seems to me that as long as I put at least 35% of cargo bays into a design, I can mark it as a construction ship and take advantage of the higher size limit for bases (690 instead of 230 in early game).

For a decent military vessel that maxes out the size, this increases cost from 4700 to 5500. This is some overhead, but it does not seem prohibitive to me.

Is there any other disadvantage of declaring ships as construction ships and then using them for other purposes?

And, unrelated to that, does someone have an explanation for why construction ships can be build at colonies (and be larger), but other ship types can't? This feels a bit immersion-breaking.
Post #: 1
RE: Use construction ships for everything to circumvent... - 3/12/2021 11:28:09 PM   
Burnrate

You can't use all of the AI stuff for a construction ship. I don't think you can put them in military fleets or have them automatically patrol and things. I guess if you want to manually control every ship the entire game you could do that but it's not really worth it in my opinion.

(in reply to Nikratio)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Use construction ships for everything to circumvent size limit? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI