Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
- 8/25/2003 5:38:17 PM   
BrubakerII

Personally I like the idea of online downloads. If someone could come up with a foolproof method I think this could quickly become world's best practise.

Brubaker

SSG Beta Tester

(in reply to Blunderbuss)
Post #: 1
- 8/28/2003 2:52:17 AM   
StrategyCat

Good topic hyphz. IMO, all this babble about wanting a download option is quite beside the point.

All a person has to do is visit two of the other online wargame retailers to see the difference between them and this place.

A visit to either Battlefront.com (http://www.battlefront.com/index.htm)or HPS (http://www.hpssims.com/) will reveal that both of these *successful* online retailers will ship anywhere in the USA for about $7-8, to Canada for about a buck more and to the rest of the world for about $11.
Now, that $11 oversees shipping cost is more than likely surface mail, which would probably take a month, not some overnight thing, but those are the breaks. If someone wants it overnight, well then it's their option to pay through the nose for it - more power to them.

Furthermore, both of these companies have their various shipping costs clearly stated *before* you get to check out, unlike this place. Here, you don't find out about the $66 shipping cost to your hut in Botswana, Africa until you get to the cash register.

Of course, both of these companies use the USPS, instead of some "private" golddigging shipper.

In my opinion, if a company wants to look good and not come off as screwing their customers, then the standard shipping method should be a combination of the cheapest and the most used, instead of automatic $50+ overnight rates.

StrategyCat
-Any country that just rolls over and lets its president die like a dog in the street deserves all the Bushes it gets-

Post #: 2
- 8/28/2003 5:35:59 AM   
Fallschirmjager

[QUOTE=Blunderbuss]Yeah, I bought a game from Battlefront, and it was shipped from Ireland (shipping cost $7). Having said that, I actually still prefer to buy from high street stores. I like browsing among the titles and comparing prices between stores. This is how I've bought my games for the last twenty-odd years. Old habits die hard. It's a form of gentle exercise, as well!

Hyphz. I'm fortunate as far as GAME stores go. There are three of them in Newcastle (within a couple of hundred yards of each other!) and one in the Metrocentre. There are also numerous other games stores in this area. A CHIPS store has recently opened in Consett. This is the first dedicated games shop we've ever had! Videogaming must be really popular at the moment.[/QUOTE]

Buying directly from Matrix give them a MUCH

Post #: 3
- 8/28/2003 5:37:34 AM   
Fallschirmjager

[QUOTE=Blunderbuss]Yeah, I bought a game from Battlefront, and it was shipped from Ireland (shipping cost $7). Having said that, I actually still prefer to buy from high street stores. I like browsing among the titles and comparing prices between stores. This is how I've bought my games for the last twenty-odd years. Old habits die hard. It's a form of gentle exercise, as well!

Hyphz. I'm fortunate as far as GAME stores go. There are three of them in Newcastle (within a couple of hundred yards of each other!) and one in the Metrocentre. There are also numerous other games stores in this area. A CHIPS store has recently opened in Consett. This is the first dedicated games shop we've ever had! Videogaming must be really popular at the moment.[/QUOTE]

Buying directly from Matrix give them a MUCH larger cut of the profits from the games sale

Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote