Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

First time Sitzkrieg

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> First time Sitzkrieg Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
First time Sitzkrieg - 4/26/2021 2:52:33 AM   
alexvand

Well, I've never tried to use the Sitzkrieg strategy with the Axis so I decided to give it a go. Axis closed the med and went for India to link up with Japan. It was sure fun to play with all the naval toys and invade India for once. However, Japan had a terrible time in China (three 14s! and they never took a hex from the Chinsese) and the Euroaxis got stuck trying to take Aden. But the time Aden had fallen, even though Calcutta was in Japanese hands the Japanese could not sustain supply lines since Truk had fallen to the USA in mid 1943.

And then the USSR entered the war and the fun ended. Sure the Germans launched a pre-emptive strike and killed a few speedbumps, but then the Russian steamroller blasted its way into Romania in 1943. It's Jul/Aug and they're right next to Ploesti. Wallies are landing in France and while Italy is strong, Japan is barely holding on to the resources coming through the South China sea.

Based on this experience the Sitzkreig doesn't seem like the best strategy for the Axis.
Post #: 1
RE: First time Sitzkrieg - 4/27/2021 3:53:24 PM   
CanInf

did you manage to hurt UK convoys?

(in reply to alexvand)
Post #: 2
RE: First time Sitzkrieg - 5/4/2021 12:54:57 AM   
alexvand

I built all the subs I could as the Euroaxis. We sank lots of CPs and savaged the British Fleet. (They built 2 additional green carriers and all of the orange ones, but we sunk all the green ones and half of the other ones, plus lots of SCS went down.) But they always managed to patch the supply line just in time and kept almost full production. But they had to produce a lot of CPs to keep the holes filled.

(in reply to CanInf)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> First time Sitzkrieg Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI