Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

French Polynesia - belligerence

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> French Polynesia - belligerence Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
French Polynesia - belligerence - 11/1/2021 12:29:53 PM   
firsteds

This issue has been discussed in the Steam forum but not here. It is very odd.

Bill says (in the Steam forum):

"There is a separate Belligerence script that automatically sets a surrendered France to be at war with Japan. This is usually of no relevance, but it is in place to prevent odd situations from arising later in the war that would have prevented Japanese units attacking or being attacked by units belonging to French Minors."

In my current MP game I was quietly sending the Polynesian garrison to Nauru in early 1941. No relevant DoW that I was aware of. The garrison transport bumped into a Japanese sub and was sunk immediately. Both myself and my opponent were completely baffled. But now I understand why - it is amazing how many answers there are on the forums.

I suggest that this strange belligerence script should not fire until late 1941 or a relevant DoW has taken place. In real life I am sure the Japanese would not have attacked them and there would have been major consequences if they had. Poor little Polynesia!
Post #: 1
RE: French Polynesia - belligerence - 11/2/2021 1:26:02 PM   
BillRunacre

I see what you mean, and I'll have a think about a setting to reduce the chance of this happening in future.

Setting it to fire once the US has reached 100% mobilization should do the trick.

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/

(in reply to firsteds)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> French Polynesia - belligerence Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI