Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Producing past build limits worth it in competitive?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Producing past build limits worth it in competitive? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Producing past build limits worth it in competitive? - 11/2/2021 5:34:59 PM   
Chernobyl

Do you guys do this in multiplayer? As Germany you can build up to max Tactical Bombers and Tanks before you get your AfrikaKorps event, and thus you get a tank and a bomber past your limit (Japan can do the same with Medium Bombers and there are some others), but there is a downside. If you ever lose that tank or bomber, you can't buy it back. Is this worth doing in multiplayer? I feel like as an Allied player I would try to catch out an enemy tactical bomber or tank knowing it would be a permanent kill.
Post #: 1
RE: Producing past build limits worth it in competitive? - 11/3/2021 12:13:23 AM   
Elessar2

Most top players do it as a matter of course, yes, despite the possibility of a permanent loss. [Some people have tried soft build limits over the years, which typically gave rise to weird army/navy/air force compositions.]

(in reply to Chernobyl)
Post #: 2
RE: Producing past build limits worth it in competitive? - 11/3/2021 1:11:24 AM   
redrum68

Personally, I'd like to see soft build limits used more and be balanced but haven't played with it in a competitive match.

(in reply to Elessar2)
Post #: 3
RE: Producing past build limits worth it in competitive? - 11/3/2021 2:23:57 AM   
OldCrowBalthazor

quote:

ORIGINAL: redrum68

Personally, I'd like to see soft build limits used more and be balanced but haven't played with it in a competitive match.

Soft builds aren't allowed in MP's at this time.

(in reply to redrum68)
Post #: 4
RE: Producing past build limits worth it in competitive? - 11/3/2021 2:27:28 AM   
OldCrowBalthazor

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chernobyl

Do you guys do this in multiplayer? As Germany you can build up to max Tactical Bombers and Tanks before you get your AfrikaKorps event, and thus you get a tank and a bomber past your limit (Japan can do the same with Medium Bombers and there are some others), but there is a downside. If you ever lose that tank or bomber, you can't buy it back. Is this worth doing in multiplayer? I feel like as an Allied player I would try to catch out an enemy tactical bomber or tank knowing it would be a permanent kill.

I did max with armor (as Axis) in my match vs The Colonel. It was definitely worth it...but outside Orenburg..way out in the Southern Urals..I lost one of my Pz corps. It hurt so much I wanted to cry..especially when I realized I couldn't buy it back!

(in reply to Chernobyl)
Post #: 5
RE: Producing past build limits worth it in competitive? - 11/3/2021 3:47:00 PM   
Chernobyl

I see so it really is pro and con. I have been thinking about air warfare. When I know where the enemy air formations are, it's sometimes really easy to bomb/strafe and destroy enemy air corps. But I can't tell if this is just because the computer is stupid with placement. Is there a lot of direct air destruction of enemy air corps in MP? I'm essentially asking if it's likely for a Tac Bomber to get destroyed by a human opponent.

(in reply to OldCrowBalthazor)
Post #: 6
RE: Producing past build limits worth it in competitive? - 11/3/2021 6:04:32 PM   
OldCrowBalthazor

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chernobyl

I see so it really is pro and con. I have been thinking about air warfare. When I know where the enemy air formations are, it's sometimes really easy to bomb/strafe and destroy enemy air corps. But I can't tell if this is just because the computer is stupid with placement. Is there a lot of direct air destruction of enemy air corps in MP? I'm essentially asking if it's likely for a Tac Bomber to get destroyed by a human opponent.

Yes on Air attacks on air units on the ground in MP's...at least in mine.
edit: I can link example(s) when I had to gain local air supremacy over Burma against Elessar in our WitP match by attacking his air units by bombing and strafing. Its not public yet on my channel..but its a good example how effective these type of attacks are if done in the right combination.

< Message edited by OldCrowBalthazor -- 11/3/2021 6:10:53 PM >

(in reply to Chernobyl)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Producing past build limits worth it in competitive? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI