Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

No campaigns?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Campaign Series: Vietnam >> No campaigns? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
No campaigns? - 1/22/2022 1:08:11 PM   
mikewenzel

Releasing this game without any dynamic/linked campaigns, which are arguably one of the defining unique features of the campaign series games, seems like an extremely questionable design decision at best, or a deliberate attempt to release an incomplete game and pick the pockets of your customers later with DLC that should have been part of the base game...First time in a long time I've been utterly disappointed in you Matrix/Slitherine.
Post #: 1
RE: No campaigns? - 1/22/2022 1:32:50 PM   
Crossroads

quote:

ORIGINAL: mikewenzel

Releasing this game without any dynamic/linked campaigns, which are arguably one of the defining unique features of the campaign series games, seems like an extremely questionable design decision at best, or a deliberate attempt to release an incomplete game and pick the pockets of your customers later with DLC that should have been part of the base game...First time in a long time I've been utterly disappointed in you Matrix/Slitherine.

Thank you for your feedback, @mikewenzel. Actually, it is us CS developers who are the guilty party here. We tried to mention this quite a few times prior to release, here's a quick recap:

Linked Campaigns are due a revamp, they are in a non-functioning state at the moment, we did not want to delay the game release because of that.

Instead of Linked Campaigns, there are two new "Week in" scenarios in play, where you have a Brigade, a setup for seven days (and nights), and resupply etc to play out your daily missions as briefed by the scenario. Force preservation is truly accomplised as well, you get some reinforcements, but what you see is what you have.

They are something new we are quite excited ourselves. Previously, nothing like that would have been possible, but available now, for Vietnam, and for other games.

(in reply to mikewenzel)
Post #: 2
RE: No campaigns? - 1/22/2022 3:00:27 PM   
Jason Petho

Yes, precisely, the "A Week in ... Mekong" and "A Week in ... Binh Long" are effectively Linked Campaigns in a scenario, as each day has a different missions for each battalion that you have to carry out over the course of seven days. Your win or loss will be dependent on how well you complete the missions being assigned.

(in reply to Crossroads)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Campaign Series: Vietnam >> No campaigns? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI