Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[FIXED] Changing mission creates unnecessary way point

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [FIXED] Changing mission creates unnecessary way point Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[FIXED] Changing mission creates unnecessary way point - 2/1/2022 5:15:27 AM   
Swant

I think this qualify as a bug because of the inconsistent behavior.

If you change the patrol area or change the mission for a unit from the mission editor AND the moment style is set to random within area, a way point is created where the old mission was. This is inconvenient because it means the unit will have to travel all the way to the previous patrol area before moving to the new.

If you however change the mission by right clicking on a unit, no "old way point" is created. The unit will immediately head for the new area. This is also true if you are using the mission editor and the movement style is set to repeatable loop. I think this is much better

< Message edited by Dimitris -- 2/5/2022 6:33:15 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Changing mission creates unnecessary way point - 2/1/2022 12:13:11 PM   
Deserere

Hi, it would be very useful if you post a scenario or savefile with the issue in place.
In this case I was able to reproduce the issue and fix it, it will be in the next update release

< Message edited by Deserere -- 2/1/2022 12:45:18 PM >

Si Spiritus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

(in reply to Swant)
Post #: 2
RE: Changing mission creates unnecessary way point - 2/1/2022 1:05:06 PM   
Swant

Ok I will give it a try with this save.

If you switch between cap 1 and cap 2 by right clicking on the unit it will get directed to cap 2, deleting the way point at cap 1. (No problem here)

If you switch to cap 2 using the mission editor, a way point will remain at cap 1. (This is what i think is a problem)

If you switch between cap 3 and cap 4 the shift is instantaneous, same as the first example. (No problem here)

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Deserere)
Post #: 3
RE: Changing mission creates unnecessary way point - 2/2/2022 5:04:35 AM   
boogabooga

Because when you use the mission editor, you have to unassign before reassigning. It seems that waypoint is created during the unassign. But that's not all bad, because otherwise you would lose player-generated routes simply by unassigning the A/C from the mission.

When you reassign between CAPs, just remember to hit F3 then esc to clear the old WP.

(in reply to Swant)
Post #: 4
RE: Changing mission creates unnecessary way point - 2/2/2022 7:07:29 AM   
Swant

Yes I also think the automatic generated mission way point should be deleted when you unassign a unit, that is a better way of explain the issue.
But there is also the issue where you don't unassign but just change the patrol area, and the difference it makes if you have a random patrol area versus a loop.
It's true you can get around this by micromanage but It can be a real pain in larger scenarios.

Hopefully it is possible to delete to the mission generated waypoints without deleting the player generated F3 waypoints. They do work a bit different after all, the first ones you can't move for example, and there is the invisible wayponints created when making a loop mission.

But I see how this might be complex issue

< Message edited by Swant -- 2/2/2022 7:59:25 AM >

(in reply to boogabooga)
Post #: 5
RE: Changing mission creates unnecessary way point - 2/2/2022 10:37:51 AM   
BDukes

quote:

When you reassign between CAPs, just remember to hit F3 then esc to clear the old WP

This. I've never been bugged by it too much because the fix is F3. It is pretty much muscle memory for me now.

Mike

Don't call it a comeback...

(in reply to Swant)
Post #: 6
RE: Changing mission creates unnecessary way point - 2/2/2022 11:53:05 AM   
Swant

True, It never bothered me in the beginning when I used F3 all the time. Now I never do manual plotting, only missions and it has become a bit of nuisance.
I think the biggest problem is to remember to it when there is a lot going on.

But yes it has been like this for a long time and no one has complained so it is probably not a big deal to most.

(in reply to BDukes)
Post #: 7
RE: Changing mission creates unnecessary way point - 2/2/2022 4:01:01 PM   
BDukes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Swant

True, It never bothered me in the beginning when I used F3 all the time. Now I never do manual plotting, only missions and it has become a bit of nuisance.
I think the biggest problem is to remember to it when there is a lot going on.

But yes it has been like this for a long time and no one has complained so it is probably not a big deal to most.

I agree, it would be great if addressed. I probably shouldn't have been so short with the response It is amazing how much as a long-time user you kind of fall into work-around patterns and forget that it's actually a work-around to something that is off. Came across that with Photoshop last week so it is not uncommon.

Mike

< Message edited by BDukes -- 2/2/2022 4:02:42 PM >

Don't call it a comeback...

(in reply to Swant)
Post #: 8
RE: Changing mission creates unnecessary way point - 2/5/2022 6:33:02 AM   
Dimitris

This is addressed on the next update.

(in reply to BDukes)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [FIXED] Changing mission creates unnecessary way point Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI