Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Missing card in the manual

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Victory and Glory: Napoleon >> Tech Support >> Missing card in the manual Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Missing card in the manual - 1/27/2022 5:54:37 AM   
Admiral Delabroglio

Hello

Starting a new game, I received two times the "Austria Dismembered" card among the random ones from the start.
I thought : how likely can that be ?

There is no mention of the "Austria Dismembered" card in the manual. So, no way to know how many of them there are.
Also, the card does not mention a diplomatig effect on Austria. I could not check, but shouldn't the playing of that card move Austria down the diplomatic track ? Creating the kingdom of Bavaria moves it down 4 spaces, so maybe 2 of 3 spaces for stealing something else from them ?

Talking about the manual, it still states that the maximum combat power for a unit is 6. Has the code been changed or is the manual wrong ?

Did I mention that according to me, this game is a jewel ?

Best regards

< Message edited by Admiral Delabroglio -- 1/27/2022 6:43:00 AM >

Admiral Delabroglio
Post #: 1
RE: Missing card in the manual - 1/30/2022 2:59:53 AM   
mercenarius

Yes, a direct reference to this card is missing in the manual. There are two such cards in the deck. You can get two of them in your initial hand. That is quite unlikely, of course. I think that it's a little less than 1 in 10,000. It depends on the scenario. In some scenarios the French player draws three random cards at the beginning, plus a few predetermined ones. In other scenarios the French player draws four random cards or only two.

The manual does not completely specify the effects of the card. Here it is, in full: the British get 2 political points and the Diplomatic Rating for Austria is reduced by 2.

quote:

Talking about the manual, it still states that the maximum combat power for a unit is 6. Has the code been changed or is the manual wrong?

The maximum base combat rating for a unit should now be 6. In a battle, this can temporarily go higher with combat bonuses and terrain bonuses and the Torres Vedras bonus.

James Warshawsky
Forced March Games, LLC

(in reply to Admiral Delabroglio)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Victory and Glory: Napoleon >> Tech Support >> Missing card in the manual Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI