Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Changes to Croatia

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Changes to Croatia Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Changes to Croatia - 2/21/2022 4:21:08 PM   
Jkap

This is gonna be my first thread and I'm not too sure if things like this get considered but I think the Balkans could use some improvement.

Currently Croatia is a weak minor nation that doesn't have much to offer apart from the extra income from Zagreb and the garrison. I think Croatia could use a slight buff. Firstly some border changes. Croatia should take up a bit more space then it does (In the attached Image you can see what I have in mind). Split and Dubrovnik should be moved 1 hex northwest as well as their ports and Bihac should be removed. Split should get annexed by Italy when Yugoslavia surrenders to the Axis and should Italy surrender then Croatia takes control over Split. Croatia would have control of a new town (Banja Luka) 2 hexes Southeast of Zagreb. In terms of troops Croatia should be able to build a second garrison and possibly get more units through these possible DE events I've thought up.

I was thinking that in July of 1941 Germany should get a DE to form a Croatian Air Legion for 160MPPs (1 Fighter and 1 Med Bomber both at 3 strength, will spawn near Zagreb with 0 exp points, and they cannot exceed 7 strength points, for balancing and also due to lack of available pilots/planes). The cost for reforming these plane units if they are destroyed should be 75%. I also thought that in July of 1942, Germany could get the DE to form the Croatian 369th Infantry Division for service on the Eastern Front for 75MPPs (Fully upgraded and would spawn at Graz in August of 1942 with 1 exp point). One other thing I think could things a little more interesting in the balkans is that in September of 1941, a Yugoslav Partisan unit would spawn 2 hexes south of Belgrade, regardless of if an Axis unit is there or not, and form the "Republic of Uzice" to force the Axis to fight and reinforce the area. If you agree or disagree or would make changes to my ideas, please share in this thread!

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Changes to Croatia - 2/22/2022 9:01:51 AM   
Laurenz

Hmmm I agree with making the Balkans more interesting, but I think everything requiring unit specific special ruels is better done in a mod than in the main-line of the game.

(in reply to Jkap)
Post #: 2
RE: Changes to Croatia - 2/22/2022 7:34:07 PM   
ElvisJJonesRambo

Yugoslavia needs HQ-Tito.
Toss in some Chetniks.
More supply for more death in combat.
Calvary units.
Toss in a fortress in the woods/mountains.

Force 10 From Navarone commandos.

(in reply to Laurenz)
Post #: 3
RE: Changes to Croatia - 2/22/2022 9:34:31 PM   
Chernobyl

I think the main reason you don't have Croatia bomber, corps is because of scale. There's a lot of abstraction and a lot left out, intentionally. If you included every corps and every minor foreign legion then there wouldn't be any empty hexes. Not to mention a whole corps or bomber unit is totally out of proportion from what Croatia actually fielded. Apparently they had a dozen obsolete do-17 bombers? That's not a bomber unit.

< Message edited by Chernobyl -- 2/22/2022 9:35:00 PM >

(in reply to ElvisJJonesRambo)
Post #: 4
RE: Changes to Croatia - 2/22/2022 9:45:42 PM   
OldCrowBalthazor

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chernobyl

I think the main reason you don't have Croatia bomber, corps is because of scale. There's a lot of abstraction and a lot left out, intentionally. If you included every corps and every minor foreign legion then there wouldn't be any empty hexes. Not to mention a whole corps or bomber unit is totally out of proportion from what Croatia actually fielded. Apparently they had a dozen obsolete do-17 bombers? That's not a bomber unit.

Yeah I agree here. It scale. Maybe a slight adjustment in WiE, but definitely in not for WaW. And for certain not additional air power for the Axis, regardless of the increased expense of upgrading a minor. That would totally upset the balance. I play WitE, and have for a decade. There is a small Croatian fighter contingent that was sent to the Eastern Front..but not an entire air wing.

(in reply to Chernobyl)
Post #: 5
RE: Changes to Croatia - 2/23/2022 3:07:16 AM   
shri

I am personally against any minors except perhaps Canada to have an armoured corps. Even Poland having one is anachronistic. Romania and Hungary too. India having one is stretching it too far. India did have a small air corps mainly fighters and a few bombers, so the fighter is somewhat ok. Also canadians having an armoured corps is also stretching it, they had more like a glorified division.

Armoured Corps/Panzer Corps is supposed to represent (please correct me if wrong), something like Panzer Corps Guderian in Battle of France where he had 2 Tank divisions, 1 motorised infantry division and the regiment GrobDuetschland (which was worth a division in terms of crack troops)

Rather, please increase German Tank and Air Corps (Fighter and Bomber). German Allies including Italy didn't matter in Europe at all. Romania did due to the Oil, Finnish troops ofcourse were crack troops and should have got better treatment, start of with 11 strength probably to signify they were the best infantry of the war bar none (all sides put together).

Croatia can at best have 1 more garrison and beyond that would be a-historical.

(in reply to OldCrowBalthazor)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Changes to Croatia Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI