Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

New Leagues Open at Combat Command

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> New Leagues Open at Combat Command Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New Leagues Open at Combat Command - 7/31/2001 5:25:00 PM   
Mike Rothery

Military Gamer's Combat Command has opened two new leagues for Steel Panthers World at War PBEM and on-line play. "War with Japan" League The whole pacific theater is available in a new Combat Command league challenge! Choose your front and fight the battles of your choice. Join this league as either the Allies or Japan and fight in the year of your choice. This league will begin immediately and run until 6pm EST September 30, 2001. "Winter War" League Come and experience the ferocious "sideshow" of WW2. Can you equal the stubborn and tenacious defence of Finland, or re-write history with your Soviet troops? Prove your skill by using the Command and Control options in Steel Panthers World at War. This league will begin immediately and end at 6pm EST September 30, 2001. Registration is open now at http://www.militarygameronline.com/CombatCommand/index.asp The Combat Command discussion forum can be found at http://www.militarygameronline.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

MikeR
Post #: 1
- 8/1/2001 12:36:00 AM   
lnp4668

So is Finland Allies or Axis in Winter war? :p

"My friends, remember this, that there are no bad herbs, and no bad men; there are only bad cultivators." Les Miserables

(in reply to Mike Rothery)
Post #: 2
- 8/1/2001 5:09:00 AM   
Mike Rothery

Now that is a damn good question. For the sake of administartion of the league, the USSR is part of the Axis and Finland is regarded as Allied. I actually intended for them to be the other way around, but I slipped up when initialising the game. However upon reflection, Finland was receiving aid from the West in 39-40 and the Soviets were in a peace pact with Nazi Germnay, and had helped carve up Poland. So I let it stand.

MikeR

Post #: 3
- 8/3/2001 2:03:00 PM   
Mike Rothery

Ok we have 36 players signed up for the War with Japan league, and 39 signed up for Winter War. There is no limit on the number of players, and still plenty of time left so now is the time to join. League play is the best way to find PBEM opponents for SPWAW.

MikeR

Post #: 4
- 8/3/2001 2:17:00 PM   
General Mayhem

quote:

Originally posted by Mike Rothery: Ok we have 36 players signed up for the War with Japan league, and 39 signed up for Winter War. There is no limit on the number of players, and still plenty of time left so now is the time to join. League play is the best way to find PBEM opponents for SPWAW.
If they answer to challenges or challenge that is. I'm atleast looking for one more allies player to show him true might of Japanese Imperial army. I'm just looking for some chance to educate people in issue, nothing more. ;) But I think Finland still belongs to Axis side. Because if we put Soviet Union to Axis camp because it made pact with Germany, should we then put England because Chamerberlain? I mean who wasn't trying to strike somekind of pact with Germans to avoid war? Also Finland would have taken weapons from Germany it would have given them. Germans just didn't want to do that because they wanted to attack West first. Few Finnish generals even got few months after Winter War German medals. So it is hard me to see Finland being on allied side. It would also be logical if between two combatants(unless when they're on same side) countries would belong to one group only. Otherwise, I think there is some chance for confusion. I wasn't even thinking should Finland belong to axis or allied side, untill I looked this thread! [ August 03, 2001: Message edited by: General Mayhem ]

----------------------------- Sex, rags and and rock'n roll! ------------------------------

Post #: 5
- 8/3/2001 2:20:00 PM   
Hammer2000

I wanna join ! How and where ??????

Post #: 6
- 8/3/2001 2:30:00 PM   
Mike Rothery

quote:

Originally posted by Hammer2000: I wanna join ! How and where ??????
Registration is open now at http://www.militarygameronline.com/CombatCommand/index.asp The Combat Command discussion forum can be found at http://www.militarygameronline.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi [ August 03, 2001: Message edited by: Mike Rothery ]

MikeR

Post #: 7
- 8/3/2001 2:37:00 PM   
Hammer2000

ok , cya in there !

Post #: 8
- 8/3/2001 2:39:00 PM   
Mike Rothery

quote:

Originally posted by General Mayhem: ....So it is hard me to see Finland being on allied side. It would also be logical if between two combatants(unless when they're on same side) countries would belong to one group only. Otherwise, I think there is some chance for confusion. I wasn't even thinking should Finland belong to axis or allied side, untill I looked this thread! [ August 03, 2001: Message edited by: General Mayhem ]
The league data base puts every nation is as either an Axis or Allied side, so I have to choose which fits best. I thought I had set the USSR to Allied, but programmed it incorrectly.....so I had to decide if I wanted to close the site and reset all the player's settings. I decided that since neither Axis or Allied was strictly correct I would leave well enough alone, and go with it as it is. It has sparked an interesting debate, no?

MikeR

Post #: 9
- 8/3/2001 2:57:00 PM   
General Mayhem

quote:

Originally posted by Mike Rothery: The league data base puts every nation is as either an Axis or Allied side, so I have to choose which fits best. I thought I had set the USSR to Allied, but programmed it incorrectly.....so I had to decide if I wanted to close the site and reset all the player's settings. I decided that since neither Axis or Allied was strictly correct I would leave well enough alone, and go with it as it is. It has sparked an interesting debate, no?
Yep. Looking the league stats of players, it was not hard to see which side(allied or axis) was Finland. Atleast other side had much more members with lot of my countrymen. So like a true patriot, I chose Russian side. I though that way I'd get more Russians killed! :D

----------------------------- Sex, rags and and rock'n roll! ------------------------------

Post #: 10
- 8/3/2001 6:04:00 PM   
Hortlund

quote:

Originally posted by General Mayhem: I'm atleast looking for one more allies player to show him true might of Japanese Imperial army. [ August 03, 2001: Message edited by: General Mayhem ]
Well...I cant just let that one slip. I hereby challenge you in public. How does USMC vs Jap sound? And to make it really interesting: USMC amphibious assault, March 1945. The normal settings of cource, with C&C ON. 3 000 points to make it big and beautiful. No force restrictions except unnatural combinations (I hate to see Japanese/German Panthers for example). Random weather, random turns, etc etc. Lets take 6.1 to the test :) And to make matters even worse, I propose that we start a thread in the forum where we post after each turn to let everyone know how this ends. :D I'll mail the first files tonight. Best regards Steve "Panzerjaeger" Hortlund

The era of procrastination, of half-measures, of soothing and baffling expedients, of delays, is coming to a close.
In its place we are entering a period of consequences..

Post #: 11
- 8/3/2001 10:28:00 PM   
General Mayhem

quote:

Originally posted by Panzerjaeger Hortlund: Well...I cant just let that one slip. I hereby challenge you in public. How does USMC vs Jap sound? And to make it really interesting: USMC amphibious assault, March 1945. The normal settings of cource, with C&C ON. 3 000 points to make it big and beautiful. No force restrictions except unnatural combinations (I hate to see Japanese/German Panthers for example). Random weather, random turns, etc etc. Lets take 6.1 to the test :) And to make matters even worse, I propose that we start a thread in the forum where we post after each turn to let everyone know how this ends. :D I'll mail the first files tonight. Best regards Steve "Panzerjaeger" Hortlund
You're not going to make it easy for either of us? :) I accept!

Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> New Leagues Open at Combat Command Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI