Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

No Surrender

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> No Surrender Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
No Surrender - 7/31/2001 4:43:00 AM   
bobaloo000

I have not seen this addressed before so here it goes. Since I started playing SPWAW all of about three weeks ago I have not had one unit surrender. They get killed, retreat, and wander away but they never surrender. All preferences are set to 100% so I don't think that has anything to do with it. It also does not seem to matter if its a regular campaign, scenario or the Mega Campaign. Any thoughts?

Mister I'm not a boy no I'm a man/and I believe in the promised land...
Post #: 1
- 7/31/2001 4:51:00 AM   
MacCready

I have seen units surrender sometimes,it only seems to happen when you really hammer them with firepower.

(in reply to bobaloo000)
Post #: 2
- 7/31/2001 4:59:00 AM   
BlitzSS

I've definitly seen units surrender, but now that you mention it, it does seem to less often then in past versions.

"Nuts"

(in reply to bobaloo000)
Post #: 3
- 7/31/2001 6:00:00 AM   
sinner

The same here. I know that Polish soldiers are comparable to the Brits on stubborness and courege. I would like to think that some of my attacks, with combined-arms tactics, should have forced at least one unit to surrender!

Sinner from the Prairy<br />"Thalassa! Thalassa!"

(in reply to bobaloo000)
Post #: 4
- 7/31/2001 6:31:00 AM   
Dedas

Perhaps you have been playing against the japs boba! They always fight to the death...

Glory to the brave

(in reply to bobaloo000)
Post #: 5
- 7/31/2001 6:47:00 AM   
SAMWolf

quote:

Originally posted by bobaloo000: I have not seen this addressed before so here it goes. Since I started playing SPWAW all of about three weeks ago I have not had one unit surrender. They get killed, retreat, and wander away but they never surrender. All preferences are set to 100% so I don't think that has anything to do with it. It also does not seem to matter if its a regular campaign, scenario or the Mega Campaign. Any thoughts?
I've noticed that too. I've seen units surrender but it's very rare compared to earlier versions. Dispersal seems to be the norm now.

(in reply to bobaloo000)
Post #: 6
- 7/31/2001 6:49:00 AM   
john g

quote:

Originally posted by bobaloo000: I have not seen this addressed before so here it goes. Since I started playing SPWAW all of about three weeks ago I have not had one unit surrender. They get killed, retreat, and wander away but they never surrender. All preferences are set to 100% so I don't think that has anything to do with it. It also does not seem to matter if its a regular campaign, scenario or the Mega Campaign. Any thoughts?
You need units adjacent or in the same hex with shots remaining. It isn't enough to have units there who have fired off all their shots. I have enemy units surrender all the time. thanks, John.

(in reply to bobaloo000)
Post #: 7
- 8/1/2001 4:20:00 PM   
Fabs

Does forcing a unit to surrender result in a better score than destroying/dispersing it?

Fabs

(in reply to bobaloo000)
Post #: 8
- 8/1/2001 7:02:00 PM   
TheZel66

The key to make a unit surrender is surrounding them so they dont have any place to retreat. I do it all the time, when needed. But most times its easier to wipe them out and make them disperse...

(in reply to bobaloo000)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> No Surrender Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI