Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Soviet chicken squads?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Soviet chicken squads? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Soviet chicken squads? - 9/6/2001 12:40:00 PM   
Whitley, Grant

The computer was running through its moves in some Winter War scenario I was playing. I looked down, and all of a sudden heard...clucking and gobbling. It kind of scared me, thinking that the 5th Guards Chicken Army was about to bear down upon my brave Finns. Turned out to be mule packs. Seriously. Load up a scenario with some mule packs in it. They sound like chickens. Swear to God.

"Your links don't work, and I don't care"
Post #: 1
- 9/7/2001 6:19:00 AM   
bradmbrown

I have a monstrous 40 watt sound setup and 32 bit (cheap, but still 32 bit) sound card. Them mules don't sound like chickens here. I bet without some hefty bass they might sound like chickens... What kinda sound setup you running? Maybe the guy made the sounds up had a different setup than you do? Chickens, hehehe. I have an idea. In the North African scenarios, pre-Afrika Corps, perhaps, when certain of the axis enemy, "The Gentlemen," are maneuvering like so many pumpkins, maybe THEY could make chicken sounds? Or USA when fleeing? All I hear is feet sounds and engines, what, no chickens? How 'bout sheep? Later on, when we get Modern Era, perhaps Arabs facing Crazed Jews could make chicken sounds. Or scream "Allah akhbar Allah," run to the nearest cafe or night club, and explode? I gotta do some hunting through the sounds, I am sure my son and I could have a lot of fun fiddling around in there.

Don't let the past remind you of what you are not now

(in reply to Whitley, Grant)
Post #: 2
- 9/8/2001 5:44:00 AM   
john g

quote:

Originally posted by Fidel Helms:
Seriously. Load up a scenario with some mule packs in it. They sound like chickens. Swear to God.
The sound files in question are 30-32. Here played thru winamp with the bass level lowered, they still sound like horses on a cobblestone road. I guess that clunk, clunk, clunk could be mistaken for a cluck, cluck cluck, if you didn't grow up around both horses and chickens.
thanks, John.

Post #: 3
- 9/8/2001 10:17:00 PM   
msvknight

Fidel, I think I have the answer on this one. I came across a transcript of a conversation between Stalin and Beria made in 1943. Stalin: So Lavrenti, how goes the intelligence situation. Beria: Aah...A minor problem Iosef, we appear to have run short on mules. Cart production has reached its quota, but the silly creatures just refuse to meet their quota and bear litters instead of one at a time. Stalin: Let me think. All right, how about we give the mules an increased ration... Beria: We tried that. We just can't get around the nature problem. Stalin: I know. We'll simply designate some similar animal as a mule and supply the cart units with them. We will call them the patriotic war mule. They will be just as good and far more patriotic. Beria: (Sounds of leafing through paper) Well the only thing we have too many of is non egg-bearing chickens. Stalin: Superb. What is their towing capacity? Beria: (leafing again) er 125 grams each. Stalin: Fantastic. List them at 1250 kilograms each and if anyone asks tell them I oversaw the towing tests personally. If anyone wishes to disagree, let them write me a memo of complaint. (maniacal laughter) More shuffling of paper - indistinct chicken noises. Recording ends.

Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Soviet chicken squads? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI