Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How does Mega Campaign work?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> How does Mega Campaign work? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How does Mega Campaign work? - 10/1/2001 6:50:00 AM   
FunkyMonkey

I was wondering how the Mega Campaign works? Do you buy a certain number of units at the beginning of the game and upgrade them and use them throughout the entire campaign or do you have already selected number of units for each battle? And if you win at a battle that the Germans lost historically such as Stalingrad, would that turn the past around and you fight a new fictional battle or would it still count as a loss and you get pushed back to Berlin? If you can't keep the units from battle to battle doesn't that take away from the experience and upgrading part of the game? Also is the briefing for each battle done by authentic accented voice like Panzer General or not? [ September 30, 2001: Message edited by: FunkyMonkey ]

Post #: 1
- 10/1/2001 8:10:00 AM   
john g

quote:

Originally posted by FunkyMonkey:
I was wondering how the Mega Campaign works? Do you buy a certain number of units at the beginning of the game and upgrade them and use them throughout the entire campaign or do you have already selected number of units for each battle? And if you win at a battle that the Germans lost historically such as Stalingrad, would that turn the past around and you fight a new fictional battle or would it still count as a loss and you get pushed back to Berlin? If you can't keep the units from battle to battle doesn't that take away from the experience and upgrading part of the game? Also is the briefing for each battle done by authentic accented voice like Panzer General or not? [ September 30, 2001: Message edited by: FunkyMonkey ]
Your core for the mc is a predetermined armor heavy group of units, they do carry forward from battle to battle, though the course of the war isn't going to be changed by the efforts of your unit. The Germans still lose at Alamein, and get thrown out of Africa. You can't win the war all by yourself. Too many other units don't do as well as you do, so you are just a cork bobbing in the flood, not a dam stopping the flow.
thanks, John.

(in reply to FunkyMonkey)
Post #: 2
- 10/2/2001 12:33:00 PM   
Wild Bill

John has defined it well MCNA is a type of role playing campaign that is unique. You have a basic force that goes with you through the war in 1941. As John says, you will not change the overall flow of the war in larger terms. Your task as a German Colonel in the Afrika Korps is to win when assigned an objective or a task to be done. You will suffer losses. You will get replacements. You may be wounded, and lose some time in battle. How well you do in each battle determines how many battles you will be involved in. Lose a battle and you may miss another (excessive losses, reprimand, etc) and that will cost you points, vital points needed for an overall victory. It is different from the normal SPWAW campaign. You don't pick your forces. You take what you are given. Many battles are historical. Some are hypothetical (Raid on Malta, for example). You'll fight some forty battlrd among a choice of over 130 different scenarios (which enhances its replay value). You can play it again using only alternate scenarios and have an entirely new campaign. You'll find dozens and dozens of articles on the war in North Africa with appropriate photos. Its quite a bargain for the buck. I think you'll enjoy it...Wild Bill

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to FunkyMonkey)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> How does Mega Campaign work? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI