Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Seems like it's time to give you guys another pat on the back

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Seems like it's time to give you guys another pat on the back Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Seems like it's time to give you guys another pat on th... - 10/10/2001 1:57:00 AM   
Dave R

Hi Guys.
Well. A few months ago my old my old P133 finally keeled over and died on me. What with other priorities it took me until last week to finally get a new computer. All the time having to go 'Cold Turkey' without my beloved SPWaW.
Once I got all the whistles and bells sorted out on the new machine, the first thing I did was get my head down and start the three day marathon! OK. I'm still working on a 56k modom. Naw as I'm sitting here, downloading the last couple of patches I need before I start playing again, a though struck me.
All thouse months ago, the guys at Matrix said that the then version 4. something or other was going to be the absulute last, final, never to be revisited version of SPWaW!
But now what do I realise. I've just spent 3 days downloading version 5.1, and am now getting the patches to take me to version 6!
All I can say is...
Gawd! I love you guys!
I'm sat waiting for the last few bits to download then getting the whole thing installed and running, and anticipaiting on what new treats I have in store for me.
So before I get back in to re-fighting WW2. I just want to say to all you guys at Matrix THANK YOU ONE AND ALL!

In times of war we see the worst that man has to offer. But we also see the best that man has to offer.
Post #: 1
- 10/10/2001 2:11:00 AM   
Drex

Guess what? We are all waiting for version 7 to show up at any time!

quote:

Col Saito: "Don't speak to me of rules! This is war! It is not a game of cricket!"

(in reply to Dave R)
Post #: 2
- 10/10/2001 12:55:00 PM   
skukko

... but 7th IS last... mosh

salute

mosh

If its not rotten, shoot again

(in reply to Dave R)
Post #: 3
- 10/10/2001 5:38:00 PM   
wulfir

quote:

Originally posted by Dave R:
Hi Guys.
Well. A few months ago my old my old P133 finally keeled over and died on me. What with other priorities it took me until last week to finally get a new computer. All the time having to go 'Cold Turkey' without my beloved SPWaW.
Once I got all the whistles and bells sorted out on the new machine, the first thing I did was get my head down and start the three day marathon! OK. I'm still working on a 56k modom. Naw as I'm sitting here, downloading the last couple of patches I need before I start playing again, a though struck me.
All thouse months ago, the guys at Matrix said that the then version 4. something or other was going to be the absulute last, final, never to be revisited version of SPWaW!
But now what do I realise. I've just spent 3 days downloading version 5.1, and am now getting the patches to take me to version 6!
All I can say is...
Gawd! I love you guys!
I'm sat waiting for the last few bits to download then getting the whole thing installed and running, and anticipaiting on what new treats I have in store for me.
So before I get back in to re-fighting WW2. I just want to say to all you guys at Matrix THANK YOU ONE AND ALL!

Patience is a virtue, Dave – but I think that in this case the download can never be fast enough. There is only one thing I really don’t like with SPWaW = the uninstall option. Who needs it and what if you should by some accident click it? The horror, the horror!!!

Semper in Primis

(in reply to Dave R)
Post #: 4
- 10/10/2001 8:03:00 PM   
Dave R

quote:

Originally posted by Wulfir:
Patience is a virtue, Dave – but I think that in this case the download can never be fast enough. There is only one thing I really don’t like with SPWaW = the uninstall option. Who needs it and what if you should by some accident click it? The horror, the horror!!!
Oh! The wait was well worth it Wulfir! I'd forgotten just how much I just love to hate bunkers and well dug in AT-gun!
Though I do have a question for you! What's an uninstall option?

In times of war we see the worst that man has to offer. But we also see the best that man has to offer.

(in reply to Dave R)
Post #: 5
- 10/10/2001 8:07:00 PM   
MadKiwi

quote:

Originally posted by Wulfir:
There is only one thing I really don't like with SPWaW = the uninstall option. Who needs it and what if you should by some accident click it? The horror, the horror!!!
Lol, I play all types of games but at least one of the SP series has been on my hard drive at all times. The first one I played was SP2 which I picked up in a budget pack with 10 games soon after I got my first IBM PC about 4 or so years ago. The other 9 games lasted a couple of days or so but SP is still there only in a new version and on a new hard drive

(in reply to Dave R)
Post #: 6
- 10/10/2001 10:45:00 PM   
wulfir

quote:

Originally posted by Dave R:
Though I do have a question for you! What's an uninstall option?
Be careful, approach it with extreme caution! I have never used it but I believe the uninstall will sort of uninstall the game. Can anyone imagine a life without Steel Panthers? It would be Horrible! (Must admit I play the other SP games also but there is no question about which one I like best.)

Semper in Primis

(in reply to Dave R)
Post #: 7
- 10/11/2001 10:28:00 AM   
Drex

I don't think the Uninstall option works. I have never heard of it being used. But the legend says it is there for psychological resons.

quote:

Col Saito: "Don't speak to me of rules! This is war! It is not a game of cricket!"

(in reply to Dave R)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Seems like it's time to give you guys another pat on the back Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI