Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Help with PBEM game.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center >> Help with PBEM game. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Help with PBEM game. - 4/3/2004 1:35:46 AM   
h_h_lightcap

Anyone-----

Im playing a PBEM game and after my opponant sent me his turn 7 and I unzipped it and put it into email I loaded SP and went to play and it said "game not loading". Any ideas? I am playing another game and that turn worked fine---sent the same day used the same procedures........We havent had any other problems so far.. Confused.....

HH

"My soul knows my meat is doing bad things, and is embarrassed. But my meat just keeps right on doing bad, dumb things." ----Kurt Vonnegut
Post #: 1
RE: Help with PBEM game. - 4/3/2004 4:20:31 AM   
Jim1954

I would get your opponent to resend the zip in question. Sounds like a corrupted file.

Jim1954
KMC/T

(in reply to h_h_lightcap)
Post #: 2
RE: Help with PBEM game. - 4/3/2004 6:02:37 AM   
Goblin

He may also have turned the game off too soon when he was saving.

Goblin

(in reply to Jim1954)
Post #: 3
RE: Help with PBEM game. - 4/3/2004 8:46:49 AM   
h_h_lightcap

Thanks for the help ---but we tried resending and if you end the game too soon it just asks for the other players password- the game still loads. I am getting a message of "game not loaded" anyone seen that message before??

I need help with this cuz its the first PBEM i am winning!!!!! Viking is handing me my hat in the other game!!

HH

"My soul knows my meat is doing bad things, and is embarrassed. But my meat just keeps right on doing bad, dumb things." ----Kurt Vonnegut

(in reply to Goblin)
Post #: 4
RE: Help with PBEM game. - 4/3/2004 8:12:39 PM   
chief

Goblin was not talking about ending the game persay, but he (your opponent) probably didn't wait until all the info was transferred to hard drive from game. It's not as fast as one may think. It's safer to wait about 30 seconds before posting your turn to opponent. my two cents.

< Message edited by chief -- 4/3/2004 1:19:39 PM >

"God Bless America and All the Young men and women who give their all to protect Her"....chief

(in reply to h_h_lightcap)
Post #: 5
RE: Help with PBEM game. - 4/3/2004 10:29:01 PM   
VikingNo2

Unzip the files and look at them the time stamp on three of them should be the same if there not then your opponent will have to replay his last turn, the cause of this is normally as Goblin stated above, but sometimes it just happens and your not doing to bad in our game

(in reply to chief)
Post #: 6
RE: Help with PBEM game. - 4/3/2004 11:13:30 PM   
h_h_lightcap

Thanks again to all !!!! i looked at the dates and they are all different.......Viking you are wittling me down because i have no coherent plan----Im getting one real soon===coming in the mail.....Ha Ha

HH

(in reply to VikingNo2)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center >> Help with PBEM game. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI