Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Changing AI Level

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Changing AI Level Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Changing AI Level - 11/13/2001 7:38:00 PM   
Royal Warwicks

How much difference will improving the AI rating make to game play, set to standard things seem a little surreal at times. Or am I barking up the wrong tree and should I try playing head to head instead?

It only hurts if they hit you!
Post #: 1
- 11/13/2001 8:19:00 PM   
gnoccop

try some scenarios or buy and try Mega Campaigns. And try with all option activated. Random Generated battles and long campaigns are not so difficult especially if AI attack.

"Violence is the last resource of incompetents". (I. Asimov)

(in reply to Royal Warwicks)
Post #: 2
- 11/13/2001 8:36:00 PM   
Warrior

I've never messed with the AI setting much, but as I understand it, the AI will get more troops in ratio to yours as the setting goes up. Doesn't make it smarter, however. I played the game for nearly a year against the AI before trying PBEM. It truly IS different with a human opponent.

Retreat is NOT an option.

Post #: 3
- 11/14/2001 9:20:00 PM   
Uglykid

Hi
If I remember rigth the AI setting will increase the AI troops morale and experience as many points you set.

Im not crazy - I am Animator

Post #: 4
- 11/14/2001 10:29:00 PM   
Mikimoto

quote:

Originally posted by Uglykid:
Hi
If I remember rigth the AI setting will increase the AI troops morale and experience as many points you set.

Yes, UglyKid. You can raise the experience and morale of the AI troops beyond any mesure, and you still win all the time. Another thing is playing scenarios, user-made campaigns and the Megacampaign-NA... then you have a more challenging enemy and missions. But this wargame is shinning when you play against a human opponent. PBEM/online is a different, genial story. [ November 14, 2001: Message edited by: Mikimoto ]

Desperta ferro!
Miquel Guasch Aparicio

Post #: 5
- 11/15/2001 2:28:00 AM   
kutalik

Yeah I've played around with these settings too. Currently have the AI set at 100 and still manage to kick its butt in random battles a good 90% of the time. It just adds more not really better. I think as a player you reach a "plateau" point after obessively playing this game for a few years. The AI is just plain too dumb (especially in its deployment) without a devious human mind behind it to really create much of a challenge. Stick to games with human opponents or scenarios and campaigns that are well crafted (which there are many -- thanks guys).

Post #: 6
- 11/15/2001 2:29:00 AM   
kutalik

Yeah I've played around with these settings too. Currently have the AI set at 100 and still manage to kick its butt in random battles a good 90% of the time. It just adds more not really better. I think as a player you reach a "plateau" point after obessively playing this game for a few years. The AI is just plain too dumb (especially in its deployment) without a devious human mind behind it to really create much of a challenge. Stick to games with human opponents or scenarios and campaigns that are well crafted (which there are many -- thanks guys).

Post #: 7
- 11/15/2001 2:49:00 PM   
skukko

Howdy Learn the mechanics of the game before hitting your head against other human (?) head IE play scenarios and campaigns. Buttons are not all you need to know, neither is tactics and weaponry; its also knowledge of how your men behave in given situation as well what is capabilities of hostile units. mosh

salute

mosh

If its not rotten, shoot again

Post #: 8
- 11/17/2001 1:54:00 PM   
Major Destruction

Wellsaid, Skukko. Amen I'll drink to that. etc

They struggled with a ferocity that was to be expected of brave men fighting with forlorn hope against an enemy who had the advantage of position......knowing that courage was the one thing that would save them.

Julius Caesar, 57 BC

Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Changing AI Level Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI