Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Almighty USMC

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Almighty USMC Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Almighty USMC - 12/23/2001 2:47:00 AM   
alassi

Hi all wargamers! Played last night as Japanese, a defence scenario, which means that i was dug in! Waiting...there they come..aim shoot, missed!
They come closer to my dug in soldiers. Wham! They just wiped 5 men of by one single shot! Hmm..this isn´t very funny So i just wondered, why the heck have the designers have to make USMC so good? I mean that storming dug in soldiers like that should at least cost something!? I understand that the gamemakers are from U.S, but please! Thats to obvious! By the way..thanks for a GREAT game! Happy holidays!

Sgt.A.Lassi FwdObserver 2nd Arctic Mortar Platoon I19/P5--Hell is not hot,its cold.
Post #: 1
- 12/23/2001 3:10:00 AM   
Drex

Hi Alassi! Guess what? I had a whole squad of marines eliminated in one burst by a SNLF unit so I think it is the terrain that the men are caught in. If they are out in the open then kiss their asses good-bye

quote:

Col Saito: "Don't speak to me of rules! This is war! It is not a game of cricket!"

(in reply to alassi)
Post #: 2
- 12/23/2001 3:51:00 AM   
BryanMelvin

quote:

Originally posted by alassi:
Hi all wargamers! Played last night as Japanese, a defence scenario, which means that i was dug in! Waiting...there they come..aim shoot, missed!
They come closer to my dug in soldiers. Wham! They just wiped 5 men of by one single shot! Hmm..this isn´t very funny So i just wondered, why the heck have the designers have to make USMC so good? I mean that storming dug in soldiers like that should at least cost something!? I understand that the gamemakers are from U.S, but please! Thats to obvious! By the way..thanks for a GREAT game! Happy holidays!

Which scenario was it in?

(in reply to alassi)
Post #: 3
- 12/23/2001 4:47:00 AM   
Redleg

Also, which version of the game? This is nothing like I have been seeing.... and I have logged many hours of USMC vs Japan in the last several months...using V7

(in reply to alassi)
Post #: 4
- 12/23/2001 5:42:00 AM   
Kuroshio Apocal

Aren't you supposed to test the situation and re-test before reporting this kind of thing?

(in reply to alassi)
Post #: 5
- 12/23/2001 2:49:00 PM   
Warrior

What was the date of the fight? Later in the war the USMC are VERY tough. Also, you may only hear a single shot, but there were usually more than one in actuality. And you want super-guys? Wait til you have a Tiger tank destroyed by a British FO armed only with a pistol! Now, THAT'S a pisser!! [ December 23, 2001: Message edited by: Warrior ]

Retreat is NOT an option.

(in reply to alassi)
Post #: 6
- 12/23/2001 10:34:00 PM   
KG Erwin

Lately I've been playing exclusively USMC vs Japan. Great matchups between the two best infantry units in the SPWaW system. I recently bought "Fighting Techniques of A US Marine", by Leo J. Daugherty III. A slim volume, but it's packed with info on the weapons, training, tactics & organizational changes between 1941-45. It's fascinating to play out a long campaign from Aug 42 on. The transition in force structure over the years is represented well, IMHO, as is the change in emphasis from jungle fighting to "bunker-busting". As for the "almighty USMC", well, by 1945 these guys WERE the best in the world.

(in reply to alassi)
Post #: 7
- 12/23/2001 10:37:00 PM   
Wild Bill

Glenn, I desperately need that book for a project in which I am currently involved (Not MC-W). Would you tell me where I can get that book? I'd be very grateful...WB

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to alassi)
Post #: 8
- 12/23/2001 10:38:00 PM   
Wild Bill

I too would like to know which scenario it was that you were playing...WB

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

(in reply to alassi)
Post #: 9
- 12/23/2001 10:40:00 PM   
KG Erwin

Well, hello, Bill. Pleased to hear from you. I got my copy through the Military Book Club, and it's also available thru Amazon. Good luck in your next project. Glenn.

(in reply to alassi)
Post #: 10
- 12/23/2001 11:29:00 PM   
Wild Bill

Thanks, KG! I have got it ordered. I appreciate the guidance...WB

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

(in reply to alassi)
Post #: 11
- 12/26/2001 7:52:00 AM   
alassi

Hi guys! Sorry i didn´t reply earlier..
Well it wasn´t a particular scenario, i just tested a generated battle USMC against Japs in 1942.
Thanks for all the great answers, terrain..etc. I did generate another battle the other day, but this time i did choose my "dug-in" places more carefully! It did get better!! Happy holidays you all!!

Sgt.A.Lassi FwdObserver 2nd Arctic Mortar Platoon I19/P5--Hell is not hot,its cold.

(in reply to alassi)
Post #: 12
- 12/27/2001 7:21:00 PM   
AC

quote:

Originally posted by KG Erwin:
Well, hello, Bill. Pleased to hear from you. I got my copy through the Military Book Club, and it's also available thru Amazon. Good luck in your next project. Glenn.
Hi KG Erwin! Is that Military Book Club accessible trough the Internet?
Thanks AC

"Tridentina, avanti!" General L. Reverberi leading his Alpini troops in the decisive assault on Soviet-held Nikolajewka, 26th January 1943

(in reply to alassi)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Almighty USMC Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI