Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Numbers for arty availability

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Numbers for arty availability Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Numbers for arty availability - 6/6/2000 11:05:00 AM   
Dean Robb

Since it's been a discussion point, I thought I'd collect some hard numbers (if you can't prove it, it's only a guess!). Scenario is Kanev Bridgehead; player is German. Artillery: 3 50mm mortars on board, 8 Nebelwerfers and 1 75mm BAT off board. Mortars disregarded for data collection. Results: 5 of the 8 Nebelwerfers shot off all their ammo on the first round (designed fires, out of player control), meaning that 55% of the artillery listed on my bombardment page was never available to me. This left 3 for the rest of the 30 turn scenario. Game was won at 20 turns. Nebelwefers were all used up at turn 12; 75mm was used until turn 20. In the 12 turns the Nebelwerfers could be used: all 3 were available on 3 turns; 2 on 3 turns; 1 on 4 turns and 0 on 2 turns. So 1/4 of the time all my Nbw were available; 1/4 of the time 2/3 of them were; 1/3 of the time 1/3 were and 1/6 of the time none were. This correlates to 19 of 36 possible fire missions; or, only 53% of the possible missions could have been fired because of unavailable batteries. The 75mm was available 9 turns in 20 or only 45% of the time. I say that if we're gonna have them listed, we oughta be able to use them or at least use them a lot more than we currently can. Nudge this one more towards playability than reality .

Job Security: Being a Micro$oft lawyer...
Post #: 1
- 6/6/2000 12:23:00 PM   
Paul Vebber

The patch will include artillery that is somewhat more avaialble (OK, fun can be more important than realism :-)

(in reply to Dean Robb)
Post #: 2
- 6/6/2000 4:07:00 PM   
Recon_slith

Be carefull what you ask for, for you may receive it. The AI will also get greater access. Swings and roundabouts one supposes. ------------------ Wait for Death. There's a choice? Recon

Let me make the superstitions of a nation and I care not who makes its laws or its songs either.
-- Mark Twain

(in reply to Dean Robb)
Post #: 3
- 6/7/2000 8:33:00 AM   
Dean Robb

quote:

Originally posted by Paul Vebber: The patch will include artillery that is somewhat more avaialble (OK, fun can be more important than realism :-)
You da man, Paul! Hell, for realism there's always TacOps or BCT....

Job Security: Being a Micro$oft lawyer...

(in reply to Dean Robb)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Numbers for arty availability Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI