Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

No A0 unit?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> No A0 unit? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
No A0 unit? - 1/19/2002 12:06:00 PM   
Major Destruction

During my tests of the paratrooper question, I purchased for several battles against the computer opponent. All battles were version 7.0 Assault UK v USSR in June 1944. In all battles the first formations purchased were the dakota troop planes. In one of these battles my first formation was
A0 Dakota
A1 Dakota
A2 Dakota
A3 Dakota
I had no A0 HQ unit I have seen this happen only once before but have not been able to reproduce it. Has anyone else seen this?

They struggled with a ferocity that was to be expected of brave men fighting with forlorn hope against an enemy who had the advantage of position......knowing that courage was the one thing that would save them.

Julius Caesar, 57 BC
Post #: 1
- 1/19/2002 12:31:00 PM   
RichardTheFirst

I've seen it both at v6.1 and v7.0. Don't know why that happens, and you cannot buy an HQ except a command tent. I always press the Esc key and start over.

E Pluribus Unum

Join Steel Panthers Fans

(in reply to Major Destruction)
Post #: 2
- 1/19/2002 12:44:00 PM   
Redleg

I have seen it - 2 or 3 times. I think it occurs sometimes if there are not enough points being offered to pay for the AO unit. But I am sure there could be other causes as well. The last time I saw it, I just started over since I was building a scenario. This was the only time I saw it in V7.

Post #: 3
- 1/19/2002 9:41:00 PM   
Warrior

Buy the command tent and then replace it with an HQ.

Retreat is NOT an option.

Post #: 4
- 1/19/2002 10:04:00 PM   
RichardTheFirst

quote:

Originally posted by Warrior:
Buy the command tent and then replace it with an HQ.
Steve, that one puzzled me. How do you do that?

E Pluribus Unum

Join Steel Panthers Fans

Post #: 5
- 1/19/2002 11:03:00 PM   
Warrior

quote:

Originally posted by RichardTheFirst:
Steve, that one puzzled me. How do you do that?
When you're in the deploy screen, click the unit you want to replace, then hit the "R" button on the right. This will then give you a list of all units available for the country at that particular timeframe. Find and pick the HQ and then exit. Back at the deploy screen the original unit has now vanished. Click the hex where it had been to bring the replacement HQ unit onto the map. In the example given, this would replace the command tent with the HQ. Of course, the Dakota's would have to repurchased (they should have been deleted when the command tent was purchased). If there is an HQ available in the purchase listings, then obviously get it instead of the command tent. (I just had this whole thing happen in a new scenario. I had a batch of extra units that I had attached to my HQ, and decided I didn't want them. So I deleted the entire A0 formation, but when I went to repurchase just the HQ, there wasn't one on the German buy listings. So, I got the command tent, confirmed it had become the A0 unit, and then replaced it with a regular HQ.)

Retreat is NOT an option.

Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> No A0 unit? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI