Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

any way to slow it down

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> any way to slow it down Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
any way to slow it down - 1/30/2002 8:53:00 AM   
skryking

I'm being serious when I ask is there anyway to slow the speed of spwaw down...I have 1.4ghz machine and the battles occur so fast its hard to follow or enjoy it.

Skryking
Perpetual Cannon Fodder Factory
Post #: 1
- 1/30/2002 8:56:00 AM   
Warrior

You can adjust a lot of it in Preferences. You can also turn Fast Artillery off.

Retreat is NOT an option.

(in reply to skryking)
Post #: 2
- 1/30/2002 10:27:00 PM   
challenge

There is, beside the fast art switch, a setting in the center left area for changing the amount of time held before moving between hexes. By adjusting this you get a pause each time a unit moves. You can also adjust how long the messages telling you about what's firing, the results, etc. remain on the screen. I think there's also one for artillery messages and a number of other features.

Challenge

War is unhealthy for die-stamped cardboard and other paper products.

(in reply to skryking)
Post #: 3
- 1/30/2002 10:46:00 PM   
A_B

quote:

Originally posted by Challenge:
There is, beside the fast art switch, a setting in the center left area for changing the amount of time held before moving between hexes. By adjusting this you get a pause each time a unit moves. You can also adjust how long the messages telling you about what's firing, the results, etc. remain on the screen. I think there's also one for artillery messages and a number of other features.
Another way to slow it down is to trade your machine for one more appropriate for the game. I have a P2. It works great for SPWAW. I would be willing to swap machines with you, but only because i am a selfless person

Unconventional war requires unconventional thought

(in reply to skryking)
Post #: 4
- 1/30/2002 11:36:00 PM   
Bing

There also used to be an app named IIRC "MoSlo" or some such. It worked under earlier versions of SP, slowing down the overall action by in effect slowing down your processor. I used to have this little app, but can't find it in my file cataloging system. I think I stopped using it because as the game was improved thru the ongoing versions and per above it became possible to slow down the action by setting preferences. The movement setting seems to have the greatest effect on overall speed of execution during the play of the turn, for me it does at any rate. Try that one first. Bing

"For Those That Fought For It, Freedom Has a Taste And A Meaning The Protected Will Never Know. " -
From the 101st Airborne Division Association Website

(in reply to skryking)
Post #: 5
- 1/31/2002 4:11:00 AM   
swagman

Run a search on the web for something like
"CPU Killer" +download There are heaps out there and probably one or two that would work on a 1.4 Gig machine.

(in reply to skryking)
Post #: 6
- 1/31/2002 4:58:00 AM   
skryking

thanks, the movement delay and scroll delay helped tremendously. now that I have this thing playably, do y'all have any suggested reading for someone who is completely new to war gaming? I think its awsome, just don't know where to start to develop strategies..

Skryking
Perpetual Cannon Fodder Factory

(in reply to skryking)
Post #: 7
- 1/31/2002 5:05:00 AM   
Bing

Start with the tutorials that came with the game. Elsewhere, in the last couple of days messages on this forum you will find an URL to a reference website - you can check that. Try your local library for books on small unit tactics and same for armor. Hang around this forum and you'll learn a lot; there are several professionals in the group. If you are truly curious, you will find the sources, just keep looking, they are all around you. Bing

"For Those That Fought For It, Freedom Has a Taste And A Meaning The Protected Will Never Know. " -
From the 101st Airborne Division Association Website

(in reply to skryking)
Post #: 8
- 1/31/2002 7:06:00 PM   
Warrior

quote:

Originally posted by skryking:
thanks, the movement delay and scroll delay helped tremendously. now that I have this thing playably, do y'all have any suggested reading for someone who is completely new to war gaming? I think its awsome, just don't know where to start to develop strategies..
Follow the link to find the an excellent Tactics Guide about halfway down the page: http://www.tankheadcentral.com/main.html

Retreat is NOT an option.

(in reply to skryking)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> any way to slow it down Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI