Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Problem War in the Pacific (General extraction error Location IMP1)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> Problem War in the Pacific (General extraction error Location IMP1) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Problem War in the Pacific (General extraction error Lo... - 7/27/2004 9:17:53 PM   
patochon

Hi at all,

i have a problem when i will lauch the game War in the pacific if i use the shorcut War in the pacific game menu, The following message "General extraction error Location IMP1"
come,

Any idea ? thanks

Best Regards
Post #: 1
RE: Problem War in the Pacific (General extraction erro... - 11/23/2004 2:29:33 PM   
bluesteel

Howdy;
I have the same problem and to date have not received any reply. If you get an answer let me know. Can you open the game from the folder? I trued to re-install and did it but received an error that some line was missing. Same problem in trying to open the game

(in reply to patochon)
Post #: 2
RE: Problem War in the Pacific (General extraction erro... - 11/23/2004 5:05:38 PM   
dereck

What version of the game do you have? 1.00, 1.21 or 1.3?

PO2 US Navy (1980-1986);
USS Midway CV-41 (1981-1984)
Whidbey Island, WA (1984-1986)
Naval Reserve (1986-1992)

(in reply to bluesteel)
Post #: 3
RE: Problem War in the Pacific (General extraction erro... - 11/23/2004 9:16:15 PM   
bluesteel

SUCCESS! Went into Matrix game folder and created a 2nd shortcut.
Deleted original shortcut and everything is working fine.

(in reply to dereck)
Post #: 4
RE: Problem War in the Pacific (General extraction erro... - 11/29/2004 8:55:45 PM   
liljim

I hate to rain on your parade, but I doubt you solved the problem. I suspect your new shortcut is to the program "War in the Pacific.exe". The shortcut that gives the error is to the program "autorun.exe". Autorun will bring up the menu that allows easy access to the manuals. Your solution is only a partial solution that will allow you to run the game, but makes access to some featues of the menu difficult at best.
The menu that should open is "gamemenu.bmp" which is located in the WITP directory under "autoplay/images/".

A hint for the support person, I did not install to the default directory. Could the reference to the compressed file which is causing the error include more than just ../autoplay/images/gamemenu.bmp"?

Honest criticism is hard to take, particularly from a relative, a friend,
an acquaintance, or a stranger. -Franklin P. Jones, businessman (1887-1929)

(in reply to bluesteel)
Post #: 5
RE: Problem War in the Pacific (General extraction erro... - 11/30/2004 12:12:27 AM   
Erik Rutins

We'll investigate this and see what the problem could be. Sorry for the inconvenience. Please note that you can also use the provided War in the Pacific Quick Start link to bypass the game menu if it's causing problems on your system.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to liljim)
Post #: 6
RE: Problem War in the Pacific (General extraction erro... - 12/18/2004 5:29:56 AM   
liljim

Good news all sufferers. I just installed the version 1.4 patch. The "General extraction error Location IMP1" is fixed now.
We give Matrix he11 when they miss one. Let's give them an attaboy for fixing this one!!

Hip-hip-hooray!!!!

Honest criticism is hard to take, particularly from a relative, a friend,
an acquaintance, or a stranger. -Franklin P. Jones, businessman (1887-1929)

(in reply to patochon)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> Problem War in the Pacific (General extraction error Location IMP1) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI