Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Yet another movement bug!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> Yet another movement bug! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Yet another movement bug! - 2/13/2005 9:31:52 PM   
rtrapasso

Some time ago, i recounted in another thread about a base force i had in Cagayan, Mindanao, Southern PI making a strange retreat. Although there was only one Allied base remaining to retreat to (Zamboanga) and the base unit SAID it was retreating there, it instead moved away to hex 42,60, meaning now it would have to march through the jungle for 2 months before it could reach the coast so i could try rescuing it by sub.

Well, i wasn't happy about this, but what the heck. So, started air-dropping supplies to this unit. And finally, it happens - after 59 days it has gone 59 miles. On day 60 - i check the unit, and it is still sitting in the same hex! I check the unit and it says it has marched 1 mile.

I re-ran the turn - checking to make sure it was still marching ok (as i had been doing for the last 59 game turns) - with similar (but not identical) results. This time - it still is in the same hex, but says it has moved 2 miles.

So, what gives here? It has enough supplies (thanks to air drops) - and i think it scrolled by the the unit moved, but i am in the same spot i was 2 months ago!!

Any ideas?

Yes, i do have the save on this!

Post #: 1
RE: Yet another movement bug! - 2/14/2005 5:07:28 PM   
rtrapasso

quote:

ORIGINAL: rtrapasso

Some time ago, i recounted in another thread about a base force i had in Cagayan, Mindanao, Southern PI making a strange retreat. Although there was only one Allied base remaining to retreat to (Zamboanga) and the base unit SAID it was retreating there, it instead moved away to hex 42,60, meaning now it would have to march through the jungle for 2 months before it could reach the coast so i could try rescuing it by sub.

Well, i wasn't happy about this, but what the heck. So, started air-dropping supplies to this unit. And finally, it happens - after 59 days it has gone 59 miles. On day 60 - i check the unit, and it is still sitting in the same hex! I check the unit and it says it has marched 1 mile.

I re-ran the turn - checking to make sure it was still marching ok (as i had been doing for the last 59 game turns) - with similar (but not identical) results. This time - it still is in the same hex, but says it has moved 2 miles.

So, what gives here? It has enough supplies (thanks to air drops) - and i think it scrolled by the the unit moved, but i am in the same spot i was 2 months ago!!

Any ideas?

Yes, i do have the save on this!

Bump.

< Message edited by rtrapasso -- 2/14/2005 12:07:39 PM >

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> Yet another movement bug! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI