Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Email game problems

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Email game problems Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Email game problems - 6/21/2000 1:29:00 PM   
jmo1

We are playing two seperate secure email games and my friend installed windows. SPWAW was in the same partition, so my friend installed SPWAW. Is it possible continue playing? My friend has save games, but he has problem continuing playing. I would like to ask one more question... Is it possible play first turns as a secure email game and remaining turns as a hot seat game in one computer?

Post #: 1
- 6/21/2000 2:22:00 PM   
Pack Rat

In answer to your first question there may be other things happening that aren't related to what your friend has done with Windows and the game. All though I am kind of confuesed as to what your friend did exactly. Did he reinstall Windows? Did he change where he had the game installed? Both? Were your games started before he made some kind of change? But there have been problems reported with the play by e-mail games, if I'm wrong and I might be someone will be along to correct me. These will be fixed very shortly with a patch, sometime later this week if all goes well. I would wait for the patch and see if it doesn't correct you and your friends problems. Your second question I believe the answer is no. I've not tried to start an e-mail game other than to see it work on my machine. The reason you can't is part of the security to the game, kind of like no practice to see which tatic works best. Hope this helps. Wait for some follow up posts to make sure I'm right on what I've said, if I am hang tight for the patch and if you still have problems get back quick ------------------ Good hunting, Pack Rat

PR

(in reply to jmo1)
Post #: 2
- 6/21/2000 2:46:00 PM   
Pack Rat

Bad habit of mine I start at the top and work down the posts So of course I found a possable answer to your problem "after" I had answered you. Please read the post starting with the title "Different PBEM problem...". This very well may answer your first question. ------------------ Good hunting, Pack Rat

PR

(in reply to jmo1)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Email game problems Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI