Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Matrix acquires Battleground Series

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Age of Muskets] >> Horse and Musket: Volume I, Frederick the Great >> Matrix acquires Battleground Series Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Matrix acquires Battleground Series - 10/6/2005 9:05:51 PM   
Le Tondu

Does this decision affect BoN at all in any way?

God, I hope not.

Vive l'Empereur!
Post #: 1
RE: Matrix acquires Battleground Series - 10/6/2005 9:36:23 PM   
Le Tondu

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

This will have no effect on the continuing development of Black Powder Wars, to which we are definitely looking forward. There's no need to worry about a conflict between the titles, though I'm sure each will have their fans. However, we'd really have to be nuts to purchase the Talonsoft line and leave these great titles out!

Regards,

- Erik

Excellent news, I'd say.

Vive l'Empereur!

(in reply to Le Tondu)
Post #: 2
RE: Matrix acquires Battleground Series - 10/7/2005 3:49:02 AM   
Zap

Yes Le Tondu that is good news thanks for asking the question.

(in reply to Le Tondu)
Post #: 3
RE: Matrix acquires Battleground Series - 10/10/2005 7:40:56 PM   
Capitaine

Must say, after digesting some of the TS info posted recently, I'm now more interested in the alternatives like this. I do like a lot about TS graphics (at least the way they used to enhance the immersion into the subject), but the gameplay was often horrifically unrealistic.

(in reply to Zap)
Post #: 4
RE: Matrix acquires Battleground Series - 10/11/2005 5:24:46 PM   
Le Tondu

I wish Matrix only the best, but regrettably, you speak the truth Capitaine.

There is a following for the BG games that uses mods for various periods and theaters that TS didn't cover. The Peninsula for instance. That freedom seems to be more important to them.

Change can be hard for some folks.

Vive l'Empereur!

(in reply to Capitaine)
Post #: 5
RE: Matrix acquires Battleground Series - 10/14/2005 12:02:14 AM   
Alan_Bernardo

Truthfully, I'm growing weary of Matrix. They have so many games on the docket, so many games that I was once interested in but because of delay have lost interest, that I don't even care any more. I think Marix is going to lose a lot of customers. They keep adding this or that, planning on re-releasing this or that, that they've lost sight of all the games that have been on the release schedule for so long that it seems they will never get released.

There comes a time when priorities need to be set, and my priorities, because of Matrix' incessant delays, are no longer set on any game Matrix plans to release.

Alanb

(in reply to Le Tondu)
Post #: 6
RE: Matrix acquires Battleground Series - 10/14/2005 5:03:48 PM   
Le Tondu

Alan,

To be fair,.....don't forget that Matrix Games is a loose collection of game developers. They are not some big pockets gaming company. They publish the games of others and provide assistance here and there.

If there appears to be some kind of bottleneck with regards to the releasing of games, there is a real good chance that it specifically isn't Matrix's fault.

Maybe they might announce the games a little early, but I bet it has more to do with the individual game developer.

Maybe it is more the individual who works for the game developer like our own wonderful Tim (a.k.a. Double Shot Design.) Tim is in the military and has been pretty busy as of late with all the hurricanes and such.

To be honest, updates about how their doing have been incredbly lacking. Either nothing is happening, or for some reason, Tim hasn't been able to post the progress here.

We all want this game and we all want to see it succeed. We all want Tim to succeed. (I bet that they're putting together some real big package to post that will get us off their backs for quite a while. )

Either that or someone needs to tell 'da man' that Tim needs some assistance.

Patiently yours,
Rick

Vive l'Empereur!

(in reply to Alan_Bernardo)
Post #: 7
RE: Matrix acquires Battleground Series - 10/14/2005 11:30:15 PM   
Tim Coakley

Lurking in the shadows...

Game is still moving along. Frank pumps out a new version every week and there are three items I want him to address before sening it to the testers again...

1) The unit mask was not working in the game so the background was showing through. This is the pink tinge on the edge of some pictures in the screenshots.

2) The unit portraits were not saving in the editor to show in game.

3) Just found a bug in arty fire combat...causing 10x casualties!

The features for the game are locking in...no more "mission creep" to borrow a term. Sound and music are in, but just with stand in items for now.

The game development process is an eye-opening experience...particullarly niche games (wargames). Sales number in the 1000s, and they are often part time affairs.

Matrix Games has been incredibly supportive of my efforts, truly top notch.

Regards,

Tim

(in reply to Le Tondu)
Post #: 8
RE: Matrix acquires Battleground Series - 10/15/2005 2:09:58 AM   
Le Tondu

Whoa. 10x casualties??? The golden age of artillery is over.

Better to join the cavalry.

Vive l'Empereur!

(in reply to Tim Coakley)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Age of Muskets] >> Horse and Musket: Volume I, Frederick the Great >> Matrix acquires Battleground Series Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI