Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

bug in pacific and russia

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> bug in pacific and russia Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
bug in pacific and russia - 6/28/2001 6:21:00 PM   
Leman

I've downloaded war in Russia and Pacific War from Matrix Games. All the numbers and SPACE are corrupted in the game. Help please. My computer: Intel 810e 8MB videocard (latest drivers) Pentium-III 550MHZ 128 MB RAM

Post #: 1
- 6/29/2001 12:13:00 AM   
Leman

It's probably a COMPAQ problem. I've got enough memory (621K). Any suggestions ?

(in reply to Leman)
Post #: 2
- 6/29/2001 1:20:00 AM   
Warhorse

I've got a COMPAQ, and no problem with WIR, at least. Don't have PW though... I have 1.2ghz AMD Athlon, 32mb Nvidia TNT2 with 3 d detonator drivers+, 128mb RAM, and SB128pci sound card. Maybe just a corrupted download?

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to Leman)
Post #: 3
- 9/20/2001 12:58:00 AM   
Christophe

I have the same problem. Letters and spaces are corrupted and impossible to decypher. I run the game on a Compaq Armada E500, and it is not a memory problem, it must then be a problem coming from the way Compaq handles MS DOS. I have been already asking for help in this forum, but with no results. I have been looking through the Compaq site for help....with no avail... I don't know what to do.... it is very frustrating, since it is the game I was waiting for for years.... If you have any hint, let me know, Thank you

(in reply to Leman)
Post #: 4
- 9/20/2001 3:44:00 AM   
john g

quote:

Originally posted by Christophe:
I have the same problem. Letters and spaces are corrupted and impossible to decypher. I run the game on a Compaq Armada E500, and it is not a memory problem, it must then be a problem coming from the way Compaq handles MS DOS. I have been already asking for help in this forum, but with no results. I have been looking through the Compaq site for help....with no avail... I don't know what to do.... it is very frustrating, since it is the game I was waiting for for years.... If you have any hint, let me know, Thank you
Remebering back to the days of MSDOS, for alternate keyboards and different letters to show up for Non-US displays, you had to load a code page that had those different letters and keyboard arrangement. Could it be that your machine has no US code page loaded, perhaps it was from a European Source that customized it for Germanic languages. Is this the only old msdos game you try to run?
thanks, John.

(in reply to Leman)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> bug in pacific and russia Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI