Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

slots

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Age of Muskets] >> Horse and Musket: Volume I, Frederick the Great >> slots Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
slots - 8/18/2005 11:00:57 PM   
bstarr

take this with a grain of salt - I don't know s__t about computer programming.

One thing I noticed about other games that allow game design is that they seldom have enough "slots". My advice would be to figure how many you think you'll need to make Leipzip, then make add more. Not that I can see anyone seriously making a 500,000 vs 500,000 megabattle, it's just that my experience is that game "modders" find all sorts of uses for these slots. Besides, "too much" is always better that "not enough."
bs

Post #: 1
RE: slots - 8/19/2005 2:40:07 AM   
Le Tondu

bstarr,

I think that you have raised a valid point. How big can we make things? I read somewhere that a 20k x 20k size map will be initially available with an option for larger maps. With that said, I do not believe that a small number of units will be available at such a scale.

I keep remembering that when the game comes out, the game will improve over time. Call me an optimist. :)
Rick

< Message edited by Le Tondu -- 8/19/2005 2:43:41 AM >

Vive l'Empereur!

(in reply to bstarr)
Post #: 2
RE: slots - 8/20/2005 4:09:41 PM   
bstarr

That's the reason I brought up the slot issue. "War in the Pacific" has been worked and reworked, improving with each new patch. However, even though they had roughly three times the slots they needed to play their main scenario, which covered the entire Pacific War 41-45, they still ran into a shortage of slots in some areas. And for some reason this was the one thing they couldn't change with a patch.

(in reply to Le Tondu)
Post #: 3
RE: slots - 8/22/2005 5:36:14 PM   
Le Tondu

It was on August 10th that Tim said he was checking in before going on two weeks of military training. He might be a little pooped when he gets back, so we should get an answer fairly soon.
Rick

Vive l'Empereur!

(in reply to bstarr)
Post #: 4
RE: slots - 8/27/2005 7:55:13 PM   
bstarr

quote:

ORIGINAL: Le Tondu

It was on August 10th that Tim said he was checking in before going on two weeks of military training. He might be a little pooped when he gets back, so we should get an answer fairly soon.
Rick

no rush; I can wait. In fact, it was really kind of silly of me to post only a week after he left. I knew good and well that he'd left and wouldn't be back that soon. my bad.

(in reply to Le Tondu)
Post #: 5
RE: slots - 9/14/2005 5:21:49 PM   
Tim Coakley

2000 units total right now. This is generally a battalion level game...so at 500 men per bn..that is a lot of troops. May go to 3000 or 4000...see below.

20x20km area right now. I want to go to 50x50, but this requires significant system resources.

(in reply to bstarr)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Age of Muskets] >> Horse and Musket: Volume I, Frederick the Great >> slots Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI