Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

These bugs have appeared in 1943

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> These bugs have appeared in 1943 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
These bugs have appeared in 1943 - 10/3/2005 7:25:22 PM   
asdicus

My scenario 15 pbm game (me as allies) has now reached march 1943 and a few bugs are starting to appear. These are not showstoppers but there is always the danger of the problems growing over time.

In the last month 2 japanese air units(1 kate and 1 zero) have appeared at british airbases - Tavoy and Camranh Bay. These have planes but no pilots and so far have not attacked me thank goodness !

Various ex japanese bases on mainland se asia eg bangkok and saigon are listed in the base description as IJA army base - so far it has not affected gameplay.

The allied default pilot replacement experience levels are not increasing over time by year as they should do (see page 196 of manual). For instance in 1943 us navy pilot experience should be 75 per manual yet the game info screen still shows 60 (hasn't changed since the game started).

I am running scenario 15 no mods under v1.50. save games are available. Yes I know the latest version is v1.602 but the fixes it covers do not mention anything regarding the points listed above.
Post #: 1
RE: These bugs have appeared in 1943 - 10/3/2005 7:44:15 PM   
Bradley7735

Regarding the pilot experience.....

There are two things that have pilot experience. 1: the replacement pilots. and 2: the new groups that come with planes and pilots.

The groups that you get (as allied) will come in at a higher and higher exp from year to year. The opposite is true for japanese groups.

The replacement pilots that you get (and can see on your pilot availability screen) do not change over time. They all come in at the same average experience from year to year.

The older I get, the better I was.

(in reply to asdicus)
Post #: 2
RE: These bugs have appeared in 1943 - 10/3/2005 7:55:12 PM   
asdicus

Bradley7735
Thanks for the info on the pilot experience - reading the manual again on p196 I can see those levels only apply to new airgroups as you mention.

Of course you could argue that all replacement pilots should follow this table but it is not part of the game design and I will leave it at that !

(in reply to Bradley7735)
Post #: 3
RE: These bugs have appeared in 1943 - 10/3/2005 9:55:11 PM   
Yamato hugger

quote:

ORIGINAL: asdicus

In the last month 2 japanese air units(1 kate and 1 zero) have appeared at british airbases - Tavoy and Camranh Bay. These have planes but no pilots and so far have not attacked me thank goodness !

This was fixed in 1.6. I have seen no further mention of this since.

(in reply to asdicus)
Post #: 4
RE: These bugs have appeared in 1943 - 10/3/2005 11:04:52 PM   
witpqs

quote:

Various ex japanese bases on mainland se asia eg bangkok and saigon are listed in the base description as IJA army base - so far it has not affected gameplay.

Old bug. I believe they said it is harmless.

(in reply to asdicus)
Post #: 5
RE: These bugs have appeared in 1943 - 10/3/2005 11:44:44 PM   
Captain Cruft

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

quote:

It's not a bug, just the way it works.

The nationality of a base never changes. Ownership is determined by the nationality of the HQ to which the base is assigned. Look at the DEI etc.

--
The foreign air groups thing has indeed been fixed in latest versions but once it is there you cannot get of it. It is a permanent corruption in the save game file.

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 6
RE: These bugs have appeared in 1943 - 10/4/2005 2:22:48 AM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: Captain Cruft

quote:

quote:

It's not a bug, just the way it works.

The nationality of a base never changes. Ownership is determined by the nationality of the HQ to which the base is assigned. Look at the DEI etc.

So when a base is owned by the Allies (British, US, etc.) why is it labeled as IJA (Imperial Japanese Army) Base?

(in reply to Captain Cruft)
Post #: 7
RE: Base ownership - 10/4/2005 4:18:27 PM   
michaelm75au

The second line of the base screen shows who the original owner of the base was as according to the scenario setup. [Location scenario database].
The flag icon next to "Port Capacity" tells you who currently controls the base as determined from the "Attached to" Hq.

Michael

Attachment (1)

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 8
RE: These bugs have appeared in 1943 - 10/4/2005 4:27:10 PM   
Captain Cruft

quote:

So when a base is owned by the Allies (British, US, etc.) why is it labeled as IJA (Imperial Japanese Army) Base?

As I and michaelm have said, because the nationality does not change, only the ownership. Look at the Japanese owned bases in the DEI, they are all still labeled as Dutch bases.

IJ Army is just the nationality not the ownership.

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 9
RE: These bugs have appeared in 1943 - 10/4/2005 10:46:03 PM   
witpqs

Thanks for explaining.

(in reply to Captain Cruft)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> These bugs have appeared in 1943 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI