Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

End of season woes

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Tech Support >> End of season woes Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
End of season woes - 10/15/2005 5:19:20 AM   
Bustoff

I have the latest version of PS. I tried to run through the off-season with an association using fantasy players. Everything went OK until it got to "Generating players." At that point I got error "Debug message:Error processing end of season:Path not found." I clicked OK and started the Amateur Draft. It was over in literally one second. No teams, including mine, did anything or even had a chance to. So...I fired up the Free Agent picks and filled out my roster. Strangely, I noticed that I had already signed a pitcher (not a very good one) and that the other teams had already signed several players as well. (How did this happen?) Anyway, everything went OK until I started spring training, at which point PS threw a "Runtime error 3021:No current record" and crashed. Reopening the association takes me back to right before spring training, and crashes with the same error every time.

Any ideas?

BTW...congrats Shaun on making the big time!
Post #: 1
RE: End of season woes - 10/15/2005 3:24:30 PM   
puresimmer

I have seen this happen with people who copied over files from a previous version of PureSim into the gold edition (especially with the photocache.mdb file from the player photos folder).

I have also seen it happen with people who created an association that used real players in a previous version of PureSim, then upgraded to the gold edition, but did not copy the lahman_52.mdb file into the new location for PureSim which by default is "C:\Matrix Games\PureSim Baseball 2005 Gold Edition"

If you are using Lahman and you did in fact copy the lahman file in, then its probably an issue with the photos.

If the issue is photos, then I would suggest you do the following:

1. Delete the file photocache.mdb from the C:\Matrix Games\PureSim Baseball 2005 Gold Edition\mods\faces folder

2. Load a previous backup of the association (They are automatically created and stored in the psa folder, simply delete your current .psa file and rename one of the backups from before the off season to have end in .psa instead of .backup_x

3. Re-start PureSim, you'll get a message that the photo cache needs to be rebuilt

4. Load the backup and proceed with the off season

Developer, PureSim Baseball

(in reply to Bustoff)
Post #: 2
RE: End of season woes - 10/15/2005 6:22:19 PM   
Bustoff

Thanks for quick and helpful response. I took your suggestion, and it's all good now. Batter up!

(in reply to Bustoff)
Post #: 3
RE: End of season woes - 10/22/2005 3:50:17 PM   
puresimmer

Great news.

Thanks for letting me know.

Developer, PureSim Baseball

(in reply to Bustoff)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Tech Support >> End of season woes Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI