Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

1.1a Anybody Hitting any serious issues?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> 1.1a Anybody Hitting any serious issues? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1.1a Anybody Hitting any serious issues? - 11/23/2005 2:51:45 AM   
puresimmer

Wow, dead quiet regarding 1.1a, I guess that is because it is so good :)

Seriously, before I freeze the code and send the master to Matrix, any show-stoppers?

Developer, PureSim Baseball
Post #: 1
RE: 1.1a Anybody Hitting any serious issues? - 11/23/2005 4:11:27 AM   
Jliven61

One thing that I really appreciate Shaun is the alterations that were made concerning speed and stolen bases. I am replaying the 1974 season and it was not uncommon to see opposing teams steal, 4-5-6 bases a game. I mean that may happen once or twice a season, but not 3-4 times a week.

Now stolen bases are much more in line, as well as attempts. Great job. Have not seen any "show-stoppers."

Jliven61

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 2
RE: 1.1a Anybody Hitting any serious issues? - 11/23/2005 5:25:03 AM   
redeck

shaun,
i have had since 1.1a game crashing in the change line ups page when left clicking on players microscopes. i like to use that for quick call ups or send downs. game straight out crashes, but not everytime i leftclick seems somewhat random.

thanks,
Dave

(in reply to Jliven61)
Post #: 3
RE: 1.1a Anybody Hitting any serious issues? - 11/23/2005 4:19:39 PM   
motnahp

1.1a seems to have done the job regarding my slowed-down import player speed. Its looking like I'm back to the pre-Gold speed I sought. Game sim speed (I autoplay one week at a time) seems to have gone up a little, as well. I'll give another eval after my next off-season progression. In the meantime, color me. You and yours have a Happy Thanksgiving.

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 4
RE: 1.1a Anybody Hitting any serious issues? - 11/24/2005 12:25:16 AM   
KG Erwin

Yes, thanks, Shaun. I thought that 1.1 was already good. I won't get to test much over the 4-day weekend, as I'll be "out of town" for part of the time.

(in reply to motnahp)
Post #: 5
RE: 1.1a Anybody Hitting any serious issues? - 11/24/2005 2:45:33 AM   
gmatlp17

On the games screen, I got a run time error 91 when trying to click "day >" button twice.

Also, I was an avid puresim fan for a long time - my harddrive crashed a few months back and I just reinstalled the game - but I've simulated three full seasons so far and I've noticed almost no injuries in my association - three on my team in three years. Is this normal?

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 6
RE: 1.1a Anybody Hitting any serious issues? - 11/25/2005 8:49:40 PM   
acetonic

I'm suddenly hitting serious problems with this patch.
After running a flawless first season, using real players, the program froze after each step of the off-season all the way up to spring training.
Now, on the first day of the season, the game froze up halfway through simming day one.
When I re-start, it begins simming the games but it's taken something like 3 hours for it to sim 2 games.
I even re-booted my pc before trying it again and I'm running into the same problem.
i don't know if this is due to the patch or some other unrelated issue. I've never had problems before simming my way through historic or fictional seasons.

(in reply to gmatlp17)
Post #: 7
RE: 1.1a Anybody Hitting any serious issues? - 11/25/2005 9:44:02 PM   
puresimmer

What year are you replaying? Can you try disabling any anti-virus software you might have running? Have you installed any other types of software updates recently?

Just to rule out any PureSim issues, could you send me a copy of your association? Maybe a backup of it (they are in the <puresim>\psa folder and end in <your assn>.Backup_x where x is a number. Can you send me the OLDEST backup you have?

Use www.sendthisfile.com (its free) and send it so shaun@puresim.com

Thanks!

(in reply to acetonic)
Post #: 8
RE: 1.1a Anybody Hitting any serious issues? - 11/25/2005 10:19:31 PM   
acetonic

I'm sending the backup file now.
Disabling antivirus software seemed to have no effect. I can't think of any other updates I've done since installing the 1.1a patch. The year I started with was 2004. I finally got out of 3/30/2005 and the game seems to be running at normal speed now. I do recall that at the end of my 2004 season, the AI was taking an especially long time thinking about trades as we approached the trading deadline.

Thanks for taking a look at it and thanks for the great game. It's the most fun I've had with a baseball game since the original Earl Weaver Baseball way back in the dark ages.

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 9
RE: 1.1a Anybody Hitting any serious issues? - 11/26/2005 8:51:14 PM   
motnahp

Just finished my off-season progression. The "import speed" issue has been solved. Another small issue remains and a larger one has popped up. When I import a player who has previously retired from the assn., he still appears in the assn. Now, all of his ratings show a value of "1", so he is easy to locate and "force retire". Also, his 1-year salary demand is $0.

This off-season, all of the assn's free agents are asking for salaries approx. 50 times LOWER than they were in past off-seasons. I have not done any tweaking to the XML. My guess is that since I just finished the 2001 season, the program has somehow determined that the next year is 1902 and adjusted salary demands accordingly. Note that this does not affect any of the "just-imported" players, just my fictional and real free agents. I can work around both of these issues, but I feel they need to be cleared up in a future release.

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 10
RE: 1.1a Anybody Hitting any serious issues? - 11/27/2005 10:58:51 AM   
puresimmer

quote:

ORIGINAL: motnahp

Just finished my off-season progression. The "import speed" issue has been solved. Another small issue remains and a larger one has popped up. When I import a player who has previously retired from the assn., he still appears in the assn. Now, all of his ratings show a value of "1", so he is easy to locate and "force retire". Also, his 1-year salary demand is $0.

This off-season, all of the assn's free agents are asking for salaries approx. 50 times LOWER than they were in past off-seasons. I have not done any tweaking to the XML. My guess is that since I just finished the 2001 season, the program has somehow determined that the next year is 1902 and adjusted salary demands accordingly. Note that this does not affect any of the "just-imported" players, just my fictional and real free agents. I can work around both of these issues, but I feel they need to be cleared up in a future release.

How did you create the association? Did you seed with real players, replay major league, or fictional? Is the association sandbox mode? I know you sent it to me a while back but I no longer have a copy and can't remember :) Once you let me know this info I'll give it a shot.

(in reply to motnahp)
Post #: 11
RE: 1.1a Anybody Hitting any serious issues? - 11/27/2005 12:53:56 PM   
motnahp

I created the assn about a year ago. My goal was to have 35 real players on every team, so I believe I seeded with fictional players, added real players to each team, then released the fictional players, leaving me with 35 real players on each team.

The first few years of the assn, I would use a fictional scrub here & there to stay within the salary cap.

Both my "problems" are minor pests, so please no rush on your end. I would prefer, instead, that you devote the time to creating that "baseball-reference" -type interface for PS2006.

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 12
RE: 1.1a Anybody Hitting any serious issues? - 12/6/2005 12:15:55 AM   
StyxNCa

1 problem I found with 1.1, and since I have been away from the PC for a while I don't know if it was mentioned, but when importing players 1 at a time, u cant import 2 consecutive batters or 2 consecutive pitchers. You have to import one of each or else the game crashes.

< Message edited by StyxNCa -- 12/7/2005 2:55:04 AM >

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> 1.1a Anybody Hitting any serious issues? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI