Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SPWaW Thread Hall of Fame >> Page: <<   < prev  3 4 5 [6] 7   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
- 6/16/2003 1:53:07 PM   
Losqualo

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Goblin
[B]Critter doesn't have that killer feel. I am a natural Nightcrawler....

Goblin;) [/B][/QUOTE]

I see ...

More like a cat on the prowl, hunting OD painted chunks of steel perhaps? ;)

(in reply to Goblin)
Post #: 151
- 6/17/2003 4:52:32 AM   
Goblin

Lol, thats how I would describe a Sherman, yes...:p

Goblin

(in reply to Goblin)
Post #: 152
RE: - 5/10/2005 3:53:14 AM   
Goblin

BUMP!

There's alot of new faces on Matrix since the last time this thread was posted to. Anyone want to add to this?

Goblin

(in reply to Goblin)
Post #: 153
RE: RE: - 5/10/2005 4:05:13 AM   
KG Erwin

Good idea, Goober, err, Giblet, umm...yeah, you, Eric!

(Nope, I'm completely sober tonight).

(in reply to Goblin)
Post #: 154
RE: RE: - 5/10/2005 6:07:29 AM   
Goblin

quote:

ORIGINAL: KG Erwin

(Nope, I'm completely sober tonight).

I think I've detected the problem...

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 155
RE: - 5/10/2005 4:32:39 PM   
Poopyhead

In an episode of "X Files", Scully and Mulder were undercover in suburbia as the happily married couple, Rob and Laura Petrie. In a conversation with their neighbors, Mulder asked Scully something, and called her Sugarcakes. She smiled and responded, "That's right, Poopyhead." I thought is was hilarious. It became my unofficial call sign.

Astrologers believe that your future is determined on the day that you are born.
Warriors know that your future is determined on the day that your enemy dies.

(in reply to Losqualo)
Post #: 156
RE: Screen Names - 5/13/2005 6:11:36 AM   
KNomad

Well - My name is Damon and since I was a kid my friends have always called me Nomad. Partly because nomad is the reverse spelling of damon, partly because I still have an AD&D charater named "The Nomad", but mostly, because it describes my personality and lifestyle accurately. And this predates The Internet.

Now - trying to use Nomad as an internet nickname wasn't easy, as there were many people before me using that nickname. I had to settle for variations like Nomad4664, drs_nomad, and such.

One day, while deciding on a screen name for the Star Trek Online CCG site, a revelation hit me. Being a big Klingon fan, I noticed that most Klingon names started with a K. Names like K'Nera, K'mtar etc. Bingo! I could put a K' in front of Nomad for K'Nomad! Treating the "K" as a silent "K" (as in the word know) kept the pronunciation of K'Nomad easy.

Then reality hits, most forums/ISPs don't allow the ' in a screen name. No biggie, KNomad it became. I was happy. I finally had a screen name I thought was unique.

Good News/Bad News: While I'm no longer competing with all the vanilla "nomad"s out there, I was slightly disappointed to discover that I was not the first to use the silent K trick. The good news is that rarely has "KNomad" been taken before I've tried to use it as a screen name.

The gnome zaps a wand of death. (Nethack)
Don't get hurt! (XCOM: Apocolypse)
Incoming firepower has the Right of Way!
Fire at Will (or Wesley)!

(in reply to Goblin)
Post #: 157
RE: RE: - 5/13/2005 6:19:49 AM   
KNomad

quote:

ORIGINAL: Poopyhead

In an episode of "X Files", Scully and Mulder were undercover in suburbia as the happily married couple, Rob and Laura Petrie. In a conversation with their neighbors, Mulder asked Scully something, and called her Sugarcakes. She smiled and responded, "That's right, Poopyhead." I thought is was hilarious. It became my unofficial call sign.

Thanks! Many a times after reading your posts, I've asked myself ....

Poopyhead?! why? ...

BTW - Xfiles rock! .... The truth is Out There!

The gnome zaps a wand of death. (Nethack)
Don't get hurt! (XCOM: Apocolypse)
Incoming firepower has the Right of Way!
Fire at Will (or Wesley)!

(in reply to Poopyhead)
Post #: 158
RE: - 5/13/2005 7:16:04 AM   
KG Erwin

Hmm- I really worry about some of us. I explained my forum name long ago--Kampfgruppe Erwin, from back in the dark days when I was simply a sorry-assed German fan.

Nowadays, I should be called Gunny Erwin, but I can't get it changed. Irinami (from the Depot) gave me this name, and I really liked it. It fits with the epiphany I had about who the best soldiers in the world truly are:

"When a target absolutely, positively has to be destroyed overnight, call in the US Marines".

(in reply to Losqualo)
Post #: 159
RE: Screen Names - 5/29/2005 11:50:03 PM   
Capt. White

Mines not paticularly Glamorous.
My name Is Tyler Luke White.
Im a 14 year old Air Cadet in Britain.
I want to join the army (Rather unconventional since my corps is part of the RAF really)
The Ideal and minimum rank that i will obtain is Captian hence the name.
Quick pointer though... I would also like to join the RAF its all over the flip of a coin really.

(in reply to Goblin)
Post #: 160
RE: Screen Names - 7/12/2005 2:38:15 AM   
RUPD3658

Department letters and badge #.

Better than using the ID number the state of New Jersey uses to send me my court calendar (NJ01230003658).

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits"- Darwin Awards 2003

"No plan survives contact with the enemy." - Field Marshall Helmuth von Moltke

(in reply to Capt. White)
Post #: 161
RE: Screen Names - 8/17/2005 3:22:49 PM   
Puukkoo

Puukkoo is mispronounced Finnish for knife. That mispronountiation refers to Pohjanmaa region where the word is uttered in that way. Puukkoes were videly used in the 19th century in village fights between Härmän häjyt, the bad men from Härmä. These bad men from Härmä are today more often understood in humorous connotations rather than evil. Their intention was more to have fun than actually harm anyone (badly). Even today in Pohjanmaa region live several people who claim to be descendants of the bad men from Härmä.

(in reply to Goblin)
Post #: 162
RE: Screen Names - 8/17/2005 3:39:56 PM   
Terminus

No big story, just pulled it out of a hat, really...

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to Puukkoo)
Post #: 163
RE: Screen Names - 8/17/2005 5:32:28 PM   
Puukkoo

All true. Word-by word.

Don't be shocked, I AM funny.

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 164
RE: Screen Names - 8/17/2005 5:33:13 PM   
Terminus

Sorry, didn't make myself clear. I was referring to my own screen name...

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to Puukkoo)
Post #: 165
RE: Screen Names - 8/17/2005 5:35:25 PM   
Puukkoo

quote:

Sorry, didn't make myself clear. I was referring to my own screen name...

All right then.

Don't be shocked, I AM funny.

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 166
RE: Screen Names - 12/23/2005 7:08:26 PM   
Wild Bill

Wild Bill seems as natural to me as plain old "Bill." My last name is Wilder so it fits. It is a name that has been given to me since High School, so long ago, well, a long time ago!

Maybe I could have used "Sweet William," but somehow that does not fit me . Of course I have my kind moments but "Wild" has always been a way of life with me and still is, just slowed down a bit.

Wild Bill

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Goblin)
Post #: 167
RE: Screen Names - 12/27/2005 7:48:07 AM   
m10bob

I lean toward American armor from that war, and the m10 was without a doubt, one of the most under-gunned, under-armored units on the battlefield.
I admire the brutal courage of their crews.
(Heck, it didn't even have a roof till 1945, and those were field expedients !)
Of couse, my name is Bob.

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 168
RE: Screen Names - 12/30/2005 11:15:38 PM   
Tyrson

Well my real first name is Tadd so quite often it gets turned into "tadpole" which is not very cool, or Toad which isn't quite so bad. But I've allways been fond of Norse Mythos ( being of Danish desent) so I took Tyr (norse god of war) and added son, making me Tyr's son and that of couse works with my ego as it is as big as world...lol How cool is that, a son of a war god...lol.
As a side bar for you history buffs. No jews were taken from Denmark during the second world war,and this why. After Germany rolled into Denmark.(and roll in they did) The German govenor proclaimed that all jews were to wear the yellow star of David. The day after the decree the King of Denmark came out with the star on his arm, shortlly afterward the whole population put the star on,as they could not take the whole population, no jews were taken.
It is just an example of what people can do to stand up to tyranny and unjust laws.
T out

< Message edited by Tyrson -- 12/31/2005 8:04:58 PM >

(in reply to m10bob)
Post #: 169
RE: Screen Names - 1/3/2006 1:23:44 AM   
brador

Brador ia beer brewed by Molson breweries. I used to have a small pub sign advertising Brador. I needed a name for a character I was creating for Spacemaster and after about 2 hours(lol) that is what I came up with. I am of Latvian and German ancestry so the names sounds eastern european.

(in reply to Tyrson)
Post #: 170
RE: Screen Names - 1/11/2006 11:02:09 PM   
JEB Davis

Back when I used to drink, I thought Brador was a great brew.

Only been playing SPWaW about 2 months, and am hooked and lovin' it.

JEB Davis - screen name

There's a civil war song with a line that goes something like "Jeff Davis rode a dapple-grey, and Abe Lincoln rode a mule" by (I think) Tennessee Ernie Ford, and since my initials are JEB, it just came to me to be JEB Davis.

BTW, I've always been partial to armored felines...

Reduce SP:WaW slaughter, "Low Carnage":
Settings: 80Spot,80Hit,100R/R,XXXTQ,110TkT,150InfT,180AvSoft,130AvArm,150SOFire / Command & Ctrl ON / AutoRally OFF
Enhanced http://enhanced.freeforums.org
Depot https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/spwawdepot/

(in reply to brador)
Post #: 171
RE: Screen Names - 1/14/2006 8:47:41 AM   
KG Erwin

quote:

ORIGINAL: JEB Davis

Back when I used to drink, I thought Brador was a great brew.

Only been playing SPWaW about 2 months, and am hooked and lovin' it.

JEB Davis - screen name

There's a civil war song with a line that goes something like "Jeff Davis rode a dapple-grey, and Abe Lincoln rode a mule" by (I think) Tennessee Ernie Ford, and since my initials are JEB, it just came to me to be JEB Davis.

BTW, I've always been partial to armored felines...

Hmm, since you're a Kat fan, I suppose that's why you didn't opt for the obvious JEB Stuart.

(in reply to JEB Davis)
Post #: 172
RE: Screen Names - 1/14/2006 8:49:40 AM   
KG Erwin

quote:

ORIGINAL: brador

Brador ia beer brewed by Molson breweries. I used to have a small pub sign advertising Brador. I needed a name for a character I was creating for Spacemaster and after about 2 hours(lol) that is what I came up with. I am of Latvian and German ancestry so the names sounds eastern european.

Thanks for that info. Never heard of that particular brand. Is it imported to the States?

(in reply to brador)
Post #: 173
RE: Screen Names - 1/20/2006 4:32:43 AM   
Alby

Now Gunny, you dont need another brand

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 174
RE: Screen Names - 1/21/2006 6:14:11 PM   
azraelck

Azrael is a old DC comics character, first appearing in "Batman: Sword of Azrael" way back in the early '90s. I liked the character well enough that I tend to use it for many of my online handles. CK is my nickname at work, and it stands for Clark Kent. I'm not sure why I ended up with that as a nick though.

(in reply to Alby)
Post #: 175
RE: Screen Names - 2/17/2006 9:41:00 AM   
Colonel von Blitz

Colonel von Blitz

- some 15 years ago I needed to invent a username for certain BBS. I decided that I'll use first thing that pops into my mind and what do you know...I happened to glance some 1/72 scale aircraft models and saw my OD colored P-38 Lightning there. Ok, that's my screen name.

- However, that 'Lightning' sounded somewhat stupid, so I decided to modify it a bit. Hey, translating the word into german sounds a lot better...so it became Blitz.

- in christmas 1995 I got Steel Panthers and of course, we started to play it H2H with my friends quite a lot and I got used to using Blitzkrieg type of tactics, you know, mobile and fast warfare. And the A0 unit in SP series is ranked as Colonel.

So, all this summarized here's Colonel and Blitz. Of course this all had to sound cool, so I added 'von' there...here you go, Colonel von Blitz was created and has lasted nearly a decade already

-Colonel von Blitz-

--Light travels faster than sound, that's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak--

(in reply to azraelck)
Post #: 176
RE: Screen Names - 2/28/2006 8:34:57 AM   
jaffa

Jaffa was my nick in an excellent browsergame.
Jaffa sounds kinda oriental, and as i was a greeding, charming Info-minister of an federation in that game it suited well. Watch out, here comes the master of Diplomacy (the game ;) ).
I kept It ever since.
The second pseudonym i mentioned is Mabik, which is my third prenom, I never got a use 4 it, so I decided Mabik to be my Artist-name (music). Somehow it found its way to the inet ;)

(in reply to Colonel von Blitz)
Post #: 177
RE: Screen Names - 3/8/2006 4:37:03 PM   
Zardoz

Zardoz is the name of the "god" or monster in a movie with Sean Connery. I think the movie has also the title "Zardoz"...on the first look the god is powerful....on the second it is all a fake.....*s*

similar to my capability in gaming....or also in life?

"No other troops in the world but German paratroops could have stood up to such an ordeal and then gone on fighting with such ferocity" — Field Marshal Alexander.

(in reply to jaffa)
Post #: 178
RE: Screen Names - 3/8/2006 6:30:43 PM   
Korpraali V

Hi! It seems that I haven't posted here yet, so here we go...

Korpraali V was the first thing that came into my mind when I decided to join the forums. Hadn't thought the name before that, maybe I should have...

V is the first letter of my former last name.

Korpraali is Finnish army rank, corporal in English. As a rank it places somewhere between soldier and squad leader. That was/is my rank in the army so I may have to consider changing it if my rank changes someday...

Screen picture is alaskan-malamute called Mia. Couple years ago she flew from Italy to my wife's parents in Finland. She's very friendly as you can see

So the only connection between the avatar and screen name is me.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Zardoz)
Post #: 179
RE: Screen Names - 3/11/2006 3:02:37 PM   
forgorin

Mine is down right borring. Its me name!

Stress is the confusion created when ones own mind over rides the bodies desire to choke the living **** out of some asshole who really deserves it!

(in reply to Korpraali V)
Post #: 180
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 5 [6] 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SPWaW Thread Hall of Fame >> Page: <<   < prev  3 4 5 [6] 7   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI