Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Missing Armaments

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> FlashPoint Germany >> Missing Armaments Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Missing Armaments - 1/8/2006 5:47:23 PM   
jetplane

Guys hi

Coming in late, and I note these forums are not too active, but has just got the game
and playing around in the editor.

I notice wapons listed on the Armaments List pdf that are not included in the game.
As an example Blowpipe is listed and yet I can find no unit or platform that is equiped with it.

I know its not a very good SAM but my Brits really want some AD

Any news on a map editor to increase the scope and other ?

Pete
Post #: 1
RE: Missing Armaments - 1/8/2006 6:51:26 PM   
CapnDarwin

Pete,

Rob and I and the testers have ben hard at work over the past few months getting version 1.1 of the game ready. WE have had to kill a large numbers of bugs and also added in a number of features and tweaked alot of the action under the hood in the game. I think folks will really like the changes once we get it out.

As for a map editor, there won't be on for the current game unfortunately. Given the set nature of the size of the map and the amount of work to produce the maps and the coding to make them go it wasn't pratical to make an editor for this version. We had hoped to have more maps too, but that didn't pan out do to real world problems. We plan to have a more dynamic and robust map capability in the next version. The maps won't be as visually stunning as the current hand drawn maps, but we will be able to vary map size and have maps auto build to increase replay value.

We also plan to increase the scope (and timeframe) on the number and types of units used and also overhaul the database in order to add more detail to weapons, platforms, and unit structures. We also want better in game editors to allow players to mod things better as well.

As for British AD units, you do have the Rapier system to use. I'll have to look up and see what units carried the Blowpipe in 89 and see if I can edit the data before 1.1 releases.

OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC

(in reply to jetplane)
Post #: 2
RE: Missing Armaments - 2/8/2006 5:08:39 AM   
Dunedain

Any word on the Blowpipe SAM? It would be cool to see it added. :)

(in reply to CapnDarwin)
Post #: 3
RE: Missing Armaments - 2/8/2006 6:31:42 AM   
CapnDarwin

Been, very busy in documents and code work. I need to see who and how many were carried and try to work them in this week before the next build goes to testing. No promises though, we are really pushing to finish the update.

OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC

(in reply to Dunedain)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> FlashPoint Germany >> Missing Armaments Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI