Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Enemy unloading troops...really?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Enemy unloading troops...really? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Enemy unloading troops...really? - 1/9/2006 2:45:25 PM   
Nick E

If an enemy task force has finished unloading troops and is unloading only supplies, will you still get a 'TF unloading troops' message in the replay/report? The reason I ask is that I got a report of troops unloading at the beginning of the combat replay, but no reports of troop unloading there at the end of the reports. If it finished unloading completely, I expect the TF to move away. If it has not finished but may still be there unloading supplies, I'd like to send a naval force there to attack it.
Post #: 1
RE: Enemy unloading troops...really? - 1/9/2006 3:52:51 PM   
wild_Willie2

quote:

If an enemy task force has finished unloading troops and is unloading only supplies, will you still get a 'TF unloading troops' message in the replay/report? The reason I ask is that I got a report of troops unloading at the beginning of the combat replay, but no reports of troop unloading there at the end of the reports. If it finished unloading completely, I expect the TF to move away. If it has not finished but may still be there unloading supplies, I'd like to send a naval force there to attack it.

Good question, if I remember correctly you still get an "unloading" screen even if only supplies are unloading.... But could be wrong

In vinum illic est sapientia , in matera illic est vires , in aqua illic es bacteria.

In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is strength, in water there are bacteria.

(in reply to Nick E)
Post #: 2
RE: Enemy unloading troops...really? - 1/9/2006 4:02:21 PM   
Nikademus

Once troops are completely unloaded, no more msgs will appear.

(in reply to wild_Willie2)
Post #: 3
RE: Enemy unloading troops...really? - 1/9/2006 6:20:40 PM   
AmiralLaurent

quote:

reason I ask is that I got a report of troops unloading at the beginning of the combat replay, but no reports of troop unloading there at the end of the reports. If it finished unloading completely, I expect the TF to move away. If it has not finished but may still be there unloading supplies, I'd like to send a naval force there to attack it.

The message is only displayed if troops are landing. Messages showing 'troops unloading at Beach Ressort' with no casualties only mean that only some squads were landed.

Once that all troops are ashore, the invasion TF, or another, may unload supplies on the beachhead without any message and, that is more important and disturbing, without experiencing any CD fire !!!

(in reply to Nikademus)
Post #: 4
RE: Enemy unloading troops...really? - 1/10/2006 5:51:17 AM   
Redd

quote:

ORIGINAL: AmiralLaurent

quote:

reason I ask is that I got a report of troops unloading at the beginning of the combat replay, but no reports of troop unloading there at the end of the reports. If it finished unloading completely, I expect the TF to move away. If it has not finished but may still be there unloading supplies, I'd like to send a naval force there to attack it.

The message is only displayed if troops are landing. Messages showing 'troops unloading at Beach Ressort' with no casualties only mean that only some squads were landed.

Once that all troops are ashore, the invasion TF, or another, may unload supplies on the beachhead without any message and, that is more important and disturbing, without experiencing any CD fire !!!

Yikes! Not quite the way you'd think it'd be.

(in reply to AmiralLaurent)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Enemy unloading troops...really? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI