Enemy unloading troops...really? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945

Nick E -> Enemy unloading troops...really? (1/9/2006 2:45:25 PM)

If an enemy task force has finished unloading troops and is unloading only supplies, will you still get a 'TF unloading troops' message in the replay/report? The reason I ask is that I got a report of troops unloading at the beginning of the combat replay, but no reports of troop unloading there at the end of the reports. If it finished unloading completely, I expect the TF to move away. If it has not finished but may still be there unloading supplies, I'd like to send a naval force there to attack it.

wild_Willie2 -> RE: Enemy unloading troops...really? (1/9/2006 3:52:51 PM)

quote:

If an enemy task force has finished unloading troops and is unloading only supplies, will you still get a 'TF unloading troops' message in the replay/report? The reason I ask is that I got a report of troops unloading at the beginning of the combat replay, but no reports of troop unloading there at the end of the reports. If it finished unloading completely, I expect the TF to move away. If it has not finished but may still be there unloading supplies, I'd like to send a naval force there to attack it.

Good question, if I remember correctly you still get an "unloading" screen even if only supplies are unloading.... But could be wrong [;)][:D]

Nikademus -> RE: Enemy unloading troops...really? (1/9/2006 4:02:21 PM)

Once troops are completely unloaded, no more msgs will appear.

AmiralLaurent -> RE: Enemy unloading troops...really? (1/9/2006 6:20:40 PM)

quote:

reason I ask is that I got a report of troops unloading at the beginning of the combat replay, but no reports of troop unloading there at the end of the reports. If it finished unloading completely, I expect the TF to move away. If it has not finished but may still be there unloading supplies, I'd like to send a naval force there to attack it.

The message is only displayed if troops are landing. Messages showing 'troops unloading at Beach Ressort' with no casualties only mean that only some squads were landed.

Once that all troops are ashore, the invasion TF, or another, may unload supplies on the beachhead without any message and, that is more important and disturbing, without experiencing any CD fire !!!

Redd -> RE: Enemy unloading troops...really? (1/10/2006 5:51:17 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: AmiralLaurent

quote:

reason I ask is that I got a report of troops unloading at the beginning of the combat replay, but no reports of troop unloading there at the end of the reports. If it finished unloading completely, I expect the TF to move away. If it has not finished but may still be there unloading supplies, I'd like to send a naval force there to attack it.

The message is only displayed if troops are landing. Messages showing 'troops unloading at Beach Ressort' with no casualties only mean that only some squads were landed.

Once that all troops are ashore, the invasion TF, or another, may unload supplies on the beachhead without any message and, that is more important and disturbing, without experiencing any CD fire !!!

[X(] Yikes! Not quite the way you'd think it'd be.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI