Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: KG Erwin battles Afrika Korp!! PBEM!!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> RE: KG Erwin battles Afrika Korp!! PBEM!! Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: KG Erwin battles Afrika Korp!! PBEM!! - 2/10/2006 1:00:54 AM   
KG Erwin

"Sir, Brock got it! One minute he was chattering away, and the next he was...gone. I mean, there's nothing left of him. We're in a crossfire on that hill --when's the second wave going to show up? Sir...sir..."

Higginbotham was momentarily stunned-- he thought, "I knew I should've ordered that reporter to be evac'ed with the wounded, but he said he wanted to be 'up front where the action is'..."

The Colonel put on his game face, quickly jotted down a note, and handed it to the jittery Corporal : "Son, take this to your platoon leader -- tell him that help is on the way."

(in reply to Goblin)
Post #: 61
RE: KG Erwin battles Afrika Korp!! PBEM!! - 2/10/2006 2:47:06 AM   
KG Erwin

The haze of smoke thickens over the area as both sides exchange mortar fire. As the barrels begin to overheat, and with water being in short supply, a mortar squad leader resorts to a battlefield expedient -- "Ok, gather round and we'll cool down these babies the old-fashioned way", as he undoes his trouser buttons and empties his bladder on the red-hot 81mm mortar tube, releasing a cloud of steam.

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 62
RE: KG Erwin battles Afrika Korp!! PBEM!! - 2/10/2006 4:50:11 AM   
KG Erwin

A Japanese flametank is spotted on Hill 205, and Marine mortars target it. It takes a top hit and the crew scrambles out. A gyrene yells out, "Run for it, Tojo!"

Most Japanese defenders elect to sit tight and carefully choose their targets. Marine riflemen and machinegunners hear a familiar sound and glance quickly behind them as a welcome sight lumbers forward. They then peer ahead and try to spot the telltale flashes of antitank and dual-purpose AA guns.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 63
RE: KG Erwin battles Afrika Korp!! PBEM!! - 2/10/2006 5:48:32 AM   
Afrika Korps

Banzai!

Attachment (1)

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 64
RE: KG Erwin battles Afrika Korp!! PBEM!! - 2/10/2006 7:01:29 AM   
Korpraali V

Absolutely great stuff!!!

Keep them coming!

(in reply to Afrika Korps)
Post #: 65
RE: KG Erwin battles Afrika Korp!! PBEM!! - 2/10/2006 7:25:51 AM   
KG Erwin

Two Type 97 Chi-Ha's advance to the summit of Hill 205, and two blasts of 75mm AP quickly respond --result : two smoldering piles of scrap metal.

Here's one of them:

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by KG Erwin -- 2/10/2006 7:28:01 AM >

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 66
RE: KG Erwin battles Afrika Korp!! PBEM!! - 2/10/2006 7:34:25 AM   
chief

To goblin.....message from Willy......Gob relax boy, light up a Camel, but keep the dispatches coming. If you happen to see old Ernie (Pyle) say hi for me, we miss him here in the ETO. Sgt. Willy

< Message edited by chief -- 2/10/2006 7:35:09 AM >

"God Bless America and All the Young men and women who give their all to protect Her"....chief

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 67
RE: KG Erwin battles Afrika Korp!! PBEM!! - 2/10/2006 7:48:08 AM   
Cyanide

Excellent descriptions, Goblin. Definitely makes us feel like a part of the action. But I do have a question: is it KG Erwin against Afrika Korps, or against you?

(in reply to chief)
Post #: 68
RE: KG Erwin battles Afrika Korp!! PBEM!! - 2/10/2006 8:05:50 AM   
KG Erwin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cyanide

Excellent descriptions, Goblin. Definitely makes us feel like a part of the action. But I do have a question: is it KG Erwin against Afrika Korps, or against you?

Actually, I asked him to come along as The Combat Correspondent. "Brock Ironchest"'s untimely demise was totally unexpected, and it threw me for a loop. I'm just wondering if any of the others in the Press Pool have the guts to come onshore with us.

(in reply to Cyanide)
Post #: 69
RE: KG Erwin battles Afrika Korp!! PBEM!! - 2/10/2006 7:29:56 PM   
Goblin

Afrika seems a hair scarce on the DAR, but he is definately in the fight!

Goblin

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 70
RE: KG Erwin battles Afrika Korp!! PBEM!! - 2/11/2006 12:29:35 AM   
Riun T

Hey,Gunny DO I sound LIke a higher eshilon commander and tacticsion when I rant that you'll never take him with a deploy line like that?? would u like me to post some of the rudimentry tactics from Royal Roads Military Collage to referance By?? JUst ribbin ya buddy but I am really interested in how this one's gonna roll. U got a lot of ground to cover and GOD are U lucky He did'nt go with Mines. RT

(in reply to Goblin)
Post #: 71
RE: KG Erwin battles Afrika Korp!! PBEM!! - 2/11/2006 12:42:07 AM   
Afrika Korps

quote:

ORIGINAL: Goblin

Afrika seems a hair scarce on the DAR, but he is definately in the fight!

Goblin

LOL! I am just keeping with the general perception that fighting the IJA in the Pacific was like fighting a force of nature or an alien force...thus my silence. Consider it role playing.

DAK

(in reply to Goblin)
Post #: 72
RE: KG Erwin battles Afrika Korp!! PBEM!! - 2/11/2006 1:23:28 AM   
Riun T

Afrika, Throw causion and scencibility to the wind,COUNTERATTACK, COUNTERATTACK, drive him from your beaches!! RT

Post #: 73
RE: KG Erwin battles Afrika Korp!! PBEM!! - 2/11/2006 2:04:46 AM   
Goblin

Saga Senichi continued to pad forward through the thick jungle growth, moving at a easy jog towards the steady staccato of gunfire and explosions ahead. He was careful to keep watch on the man in front of him, heavily camouflaged in leaves and fronds, lest he lose him as the branches and ferns closed behind him after his rapid passage. All around him, he could hear the patter of feet, the heavy breathing of men, and the rattle of equipment. He could also feel his ancestors surrounding him, as he abondoned his hiding place and headed for battle.

The gunfire abruptly grew loader as he topped the ridge just east of the area his enemy, unknown to him, had nicknamed The Junkyard. The *whoooosh* of flamethrowers, crackle of rifle fire, the steady rattle of machineguns, and the sharp *crack* of cannon could all clearly be heard eminating from the immense cloud of smoke hovering over The Junkyard below. He felt a moment of panic, but the order to fix bayonets dispelled his fear. At last! He would defeat the Marines in battle, using cold steel, and win honor to his family's name.

"Zenpou!!" cried his unit leader, brandishing his sword towards the fighting. His squad surged forward and down the hill.

< Message edited by Goblin -- 2/11/2006 2:12:59 AM >

(in reply to Riun T)
Post #: 74
RE: KG Erwin battles Afrika Korp!! PBEM!! - 2/11/2006 2:29:40 AM   
Afrika Korps

Zenpou!!!

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Goblin)
Post #: 75
RE: KG Erwin battles Afrika Korp!! PBEM!! - 2/11/2006 2:31:05 AM   
Goblin

Banzai! Banzai! Banzai!

Goblin

Post #: 76
RE: KG Erwin battles Afrika Korp!! PBEM!! - 2/11/2006 9:09:27 PM   
Goblin

Pharmacist's Mates (1st Class) Joseph Devers rushed to catch up with the Marines in front of him, dashing from cover to cover in the thick undergrowth. He knew had had heard the call for "Corpsman!", but was unsure of exactly where it came from. He paused behind a bullet-riddled tree and listened. There! Through the sound of gunfire and explosions, he heard it again, faintly, off to his right. "Must have been hit and not noticed as the Marines moved forward," he thought to himself. He picked himself up, and rushed towards the call, even as it was repeated, fainter this time. "Have to hurry, he sounds bad."

Devers did not even feel the bullet that killed him. He tumbled to the ground like a dropped childrens doll and lay still. Thirty yards to his right, the ghostlike, camouflaged Japanese sniper shifted his position another 50 meters towards the fighting. He settled down inside of some heavy undergrowth, and made sure his sight lanes were good. When he was finished, he shouted hoarsely, in perfect English, "Corpsman!"

Goblin

(in reply to Goblin)
Post #: 77
RE: KG Erwin battles Afrika Korp!! PBEM!! - 2/11/2006 10:34:49 PM   
Goblin

For those interested, I am working on a single player version of this scenario, somewhat modified to help the computer and add a surprise or two.

Goblin

(in reply to Goblin)
Post #: 78
RE: KG Erwin battles Afrika Korp!! PBEM!! - 2/11/2006 11:26:32 PM   
KG Erwin

Message from Battalion HQ to all company commanders: "Regimental HQ wants some prisoners, but didn't specify whether they should be alive or dead -- you know what to do."

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Goblin)
Post #: 79
RE: KG Erwin battles Afrika Korp!! PBEM!! - 2/12/2006 10:53:29 PM   
KG Erwin

What lies beyond the second range of hills? Japanese infantry periodically emerge from their hiding places, and when they do, we cut them down or drive them back.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 80
RE: KG Erwin battles Afrika Korp!! PBEM!! - 2/12/2006 11:59:07 PM   
KG Erwin

Col. Higginbotham pays a visit to the aid station, and offers words of encouragement to the lightly wounded. The more severe cases are transported offshore, but many are too grievously injured to risk moving. He whispers quietly to these men, maintaining his composure as best he can.

Afterwards, he takes a moment to conceal himself behind a wrecked LVT, and the tears come. He quickly dries his eyes, adopts the well-rehearsed "battle face", and goes back to work.

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 81
RE: KG Erwin battles Afrika Korp!! PBEM!! - 2/13/2006 12:41:23 AM   
Afrika Korps

Col. Afrikamoto looked over the remainder of his men...so many gone...killed outright or driven back by the merciless onslaught of the Marines and their flamethrowers and tanks. Blood and sweat, mud and grime covered the surviving officers and noncoms of his command. He issued his final orders to each commander, bowing deeply to each in turn, until none remained.

Not much time left.

Bowing deeply towards home and the Emperor, he buckled on the last of his gear, and headed out of the door of his command post. Drawing his sword, he pointed towards the din of battle with the point of his honored blade. He and the last survivors of his command surged forward with him...

...towards their ultimate destiny.

DAK

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 82
RE: KG Erwin battles Afrika Korp!! PBEM!! - 2/13/2006 1:37:19 AM   
KG Erwin

Beneath the outwardly calm demeanor, Higginbotham's blood begins to boil. Spontaneously, and to no one in particular, he blurts out, "Gimme a squad. I'm going down there and I'm gonna personally shoot that Japanese son of a b*tch." The staff is too stunned to say or do anything as he sprints down the hill.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by KG Erwin -- 2/13/2006 1:39:08 AM >

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 83
RE: KG Erwin battles Afrika Korp!! PBEM!! - 2/13/2006 2:48:27 AM   
Goblin

quote:

ORIGINAL: KG Erwin

Beneath the outwardly calm demeanor, Higginbotham's blood begins to boil. Spontaneously, and to no one in particular, he blurts out, "Gimme a squad. I'm going down there and I'm gonna personally shoot that Japanese son of a b*tch." The staff is too stunned to say or do anything as he sprints down the hill.

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 84
RE: KG Erwin battles Afrika Korp!! PBEM!! - 2/13/2006 3:01:06 AM   
KG Erwin

Higginbotham pushes his men forwards, and shouts into the radio-- "Let's finish 'em off. Go! Go! Cover the advance! Tanks forward! Get those machineguns up! I want fire support , NOW! "

He hands the transmitter to his radio operator, and shouts into his ear, " Tell them to crawl it forward!"

He picks up a Thompson SMG, and moves towards the front. He sees a gyrene cowering in a shellhole. Higginbotham shakes him and shouts, "G*ddamnit, Marine, the battle is up front. You got a weapon?" Miracle of miracles, an intact BAR is lying nearby, beside the remains of its original carrier. " Pick it up, son, and follow me." And so it goes, as the battalion commander gathers up various rear-area crewmen. "Grab a weapon! Every man is a rifleman! Move! "

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by KG Erwin -- 2/13/2006 4:37:19 AM >

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 85
RE: KG Erwin battles Afrika Korp!! PBEM!! - 2/13/2006 4:35:15 AM   
Goblin

Saga Senichi continued to try and stand up, but failed again and again. His breath wheezed in and out, causing blood to bubble out of the wounds in his torso. He could not even remember how the wounds had got there. Bayonet? Machinegun? Shrapnel? It seemed immensely important to him to know for some reason. He realized it was irrelevant now, but that did not change the fact that he yearned for that last bit of knowledge.

Around him, scattered through the jungle undergrowth and the boulders of The Junkyard, lay the bodies of his comrades. Here and there lay an enemy soldier also, for this most recent charge had made it into their ranks. It had been bayonets, swords, and rifle butts near the end. The pain was immeasurable, but he refused to cry out, refused to show it. He would die like the Samurai of old, showing his bravery and keeping his honor.

He heard voices, and the occasional shot, move closer. Marines. He would not be taken prisoner and tortured like some dog! He struggled to find a grenade on his gear, but remembered killing the American machinegun crew with his last one during the charge. The voices were getting closer now. He looked around desperately, and saw his Type 99 rifle laying nearby. With the last of his fading strength, he crawled the few feet to the weapon, and worked the bolt. Empty. The Marines were nearly on him now. He unclipped the bayonet and lay back against a tree, gasping with the effort. He put the bloodied blade of the bayonet against his throat as the first Marine came out of the swirling smoke, his Tommygun at the ready. With a last monumental effort, he summoned everything he had and pushed the blade hard.

Goblin

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 86
RE: KG Erwin battles Afrika Korp!! PBEM!! - 2/13/2006 6:24:23 AM   
PimpYourAFV

Bring on the slaughter.

(in reply to Cyanide)
Post #: 87
RE: KG Erwin battles Afrika Korp!! PBEM!! - 2/13/2006 3:57:58 PM   
KG Erwin

As Colonel Higginbotham moved forward with his makeshift squad, a profusely sweating runner approached him from behind, and almost shouted "Sir! Message from the commanding General-- he says it's urgent!"

The Colonel stopped, turned around, and took the folded message. As he read it, his eyes widened and a look of shock and dismay spread across his face. He spat in disgust, and read it again.

"You are ordered to immediately halt your advance. You will hold your positions until relieved by 3rd Battalion, which will land tonight. Your battalion will be pulled off the island for rest and refit.

Congratulations on a job well done.

Rupertus"

Higginbotham's look of shock changed to anger as he dropped the paper. "We've been told to stop. I don't believe it. We were about to achieve a complete victory, and it's been taken away from us."

He sat down, fumbled around in his pockets, and pulled out a cigar. "Corporal! Get back to battalion HQ on the double and tell the staff to issue the halt orders."

The Colonel lit the cigar, and looked around at the detritus of the battlefield. He slung the Thompson over his shoulder and started back to his command post.

And just like that, the battle was over.

(in reply to PimpYourAFV)
Post #: 88
RE: KG Erwin battles Afrika Korp!! PBEM!! - 2/13/2006 6:01:30 PM   
Afrika Korps

Col. Afrikamoto could not believe his eyes...the Marine tanks were backing away from the base of the hill, back into the smoke from which the metal monsters had emerged, belching forth fire and death, like the dragons of old.

He had been prepared to die, as were all his men, in one last thrust at the heart of the enemy. But now they were backing off...perhaps not willing to risk a frontal attack. Col. Afrikamoto suspected they would be denied a glorious death and that the Americans would probably shell them from their ships until the hill they occupied was reduced to an anthill.

Lt. Nakamura!

Yes, Colonel!

You have new orders! Have the men salvage whatever equipment they can and prepare to withdraw further into the jungle.

A brief smile crossed Nakamura's face as he bowed deeply and ran off into the smoke and shattered jungle, barking orders as he ran...

So, my friend, Afrikamoto thought, looking out towards the now unseen enemy, it would seem we will meet another day...

Bowing towards his enemy, he sheathed his sword, turned and disappeared into the jungle with the remainder of his men.

DAK

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 89
RE: KG Erwin battles Afrika Korp!! PBEM!! - 2/13/2006 6:34:18 PM   
Riun T

Don't tell me this is u guys poetic climactic way of explaining a DRAW??, more details please!! RT

Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> RE: KG Erwin battles Afrika Korp!! PBEM!! Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI