Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: New Development for War In The Pacific -- MUST READ

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> RE: New Development for War In The Pacific -- MUST READ Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: New Development for War In The Pacific -- MUST READ - 3/3/2006 8:59:21 PM   
Sonny

Way to go Don & Joe.

David, can you tell us if any design decisions or limitations have been put on the New and Improved WitP team? I'm sure you must have discussed a lot of the big picture type decisions with the new guys.

Quote from Snigbert -

"If you mess with the historical accuracy, you're going to have ahistorical outcomes."

"I'll say it again for Sonny's sake: If you mess with historical accuracy, you're going to have
ahistorical outcomes. "

(in reply to Hipper)
Post #: 31
RE: New Development for War In The Pacific -- MUST READ - 3/3/2006 9:00:10 PM   
marovici

Excellent news! Congrats!!!

(in reply to David Heath)
Post #: 32
RE: New Development for War In The Pacific -- MUST READ - 3/3/2006 9:01:04 PM   
Ideologue

quote:

ORIGINAL: Berkut

Welcome!!!!

Great news, glad to hear that there will be more development in the future for WITP!!!

Need a third? Gotta be more interesting than what I am doing now...

Yeah, but when I asked you turned me down. <_<

Anyway, this sounds like great news. I'd buy a WitP II. :) Of course I want the new War in Russia more, but either is a pleasant thought.

(in reply to Berkut)
Post #: 33
RE: New Development for War In The Pacific -- MUST READ - 3/3/2006 9:12:01 PM   
Iridium

Good to hear this has happened. I can only assume that Joe's attempt at an independent venture fell apart eventually due to lack of participation. I hope that this will produce results that will be acceptable to all...not that it will.

Yamato, IMO the best looking Battleship.

"Hey, a packet of googly eyes! I'm so taking these." Hank Venture

(in reply to Ideologue)
Post #: 34
RE: New Development for War In The Pacific -- MUST READ - 3/3/2006 9:15:43 PM   
juliet7bravo

WitP II?

Do it right this time...ditch the "it's all working as designed" playtesters and quit listening to the "we should take whatever they give us and pay extra" Matrix cheering section. Frankly, most of the game design issues were ID'ed when UV came out and the naysayers were ignored. Leading to the current fantasy POS with all the issues magnified on a theatre-wide scale. Gee, maybe listen to Ron et al. this time around instead of the Mogami/Frag clique. He's been pretty much spot on with his criticisms since UV...and they (Mogami/Frag), I suspect, have had a major negative impact on this games development with their idiocy.

Not knocking or denigrating your continueing patching efforts and on-going support for the game...it's just hopeless since the game design is so badly flawed.

Post #: 35
RE: New Development for War In The Pacific -- MUST READ - 3/3/2006 9:17:47 PM   
rroberson

quote:

ORIGINAL: juliet7bravo

WitP II?

Do it right this time...ditch the "it's all working as designed" playtesters and quit listening to the "we should take whatever they give us and pay extra" Matrix cheering section. Frankly, most of the game design issues were ID'ed when UV came out and the naysayers were ignored. Leading to the current fantasy POS with all the issues magnified on a theatre-wide scale. Gee, maybe listen to Ron et al. this time around instead of the Mogami/Frag clique. He's been pretty much spot on with his criticisms since UV...and they (Mogami/Frag), I suspect, have had a major negative impact on this games development with their idiocy.

Not knocking or denigrating your continueing patching efforts and on-going support for the game...it's just hopeless since the game design is so badly flawed.

Don't hold back Juliet...how do you really feel?

(in reply to juliet7bravo)
Post #: 36
RE: New Development for War In The Pacific -- MUST READ - 3/3/2006 9:19:11 PM   
Spooky

Great !!!!!

And congrats to Don & Joe !

Post #: 37
RE: New Development for War In The Pacific -- MUST READ - 3/3/2006 9:26:29 PM   
Nikademus

quote:

ORIGINAL: rroberson

Didn't take long....did it?

(in reply to rroberson)
Post #: 38
RE: New Development for War In The Pacific -- MUST READ - 3/3/2006 9:30:36 PM   
Berkut

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ideologue

quote:

Welcome!!!!

Great news, glad to hear that there will be more development in the future for WITP!!!

Need a third? Gotta be more interesting than what I am doing now...

Yeah, but when I asked you turned me down. <_<

Anyway, this sounds like great news. I'd buy a WitP II. :) Of course I want the new War in Russia more, but either is a pleasant thought.

I was pretty sure you wouldn't be able to pay me though...

(in reply to Ideologue)
Post #: 39
RE: New Development for War In The Pacific -- MUST READ - 3/3/2006 9:54:11 PM   
rroberson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nikademus

quote:

Yeah its kinda sad actually. I simply dont get the hatefulness of some of the people there. I chalk it up to passion for the game, which is a good thing. I guess.

(in reply to Nikademus)
Post #: 40
RE: New Development for War In The Pacific -- MUST READ - 3/3/2006 9:56:07 PM   
Nikademus

Those that actually play it at least.

(in reply to rroberson)
Post #: 41
RE: New Development for War In The Pacific -- MUST READ - 3/3/2006 10:01:54 PM   
Ideologue

quote:

I was pretty sure you wouldn't be able to pay me though...

Man, it didn't used to be about the money.

Oh, wait, yeah it did.

(in reply to Berkut)
Post #: 42
RE: New Development for War In The Pacific -- MUST READ - 3/3/2006 10:15:21 PM   
wworld7

Three cheers...I'll drink to this news...

(in reply to Ideologue)
Post #: 43
RE: New Development for War In The Pacific -- MUST READ - 3/3/2006 10:16:59 PM   
dtravel

Welcome to the funny farm to Don Bowen and Joe Wilkerson and best wishes. Just try not to take us naysayers too personally. Blood pressure medication is too expensive.

This game does not have a learning curve. It has a learning cliff.

"Bomb early, bomb often, bomb everything." - Niceguy

Any bugs I report are always straight stock games.

(in reply to Hipper)
Post #: 44
RE: New Development for War In The Pacific -- MUST READ - 3/3/2006 10:20:40 PM   
Big B

WOW!!

Congratulations Joe Wilkerson and Don Bowen!!

I have hope things will get even better!!

Post #: 45
RE: New Development for War In The Pacific -- MUST READ - 3/3/2006 10:33:01 PM   
jwilkerson

Greetings all,

Some things to keep in mind. Because we don't want to get distracted by launching new initiatives until we've got the 1.8 patch in hand, we will not be focusing on new development activities initially. However, once we have 1.8 released, then we will be interacting with the forum more to determine what is next. As soon as Don and I have taken care of some logistical matters to get us up and running, we will be estimating a timeframe for 1.8 and we will get that to you, I expect that estimate to be done in about a week.

Also, I have gone through ( manually ) the WITP Wish list thread and pulled the data from the first 400 or so items, in that list. There are a number of duplicates, but not too many. But I would say that the wish list is still a useful place to record suggestions.

Thanks for the "greetings" and know that Don and I are excited to be joining the team and for the opportunity to try to take WITP in directions that will be good for all of us.

Joe

AE Project Lead
New Game Project Lead

Post #: 46
RE: New Development for War In The Pacific -- MUST READ - 3/3/2006 10:36:51 PM   
juliet7bravo

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yeah its kinda sad actually. I simply dont get the hatefulness of some of the people there. I chalk it up to passion for the game, which is a good thing. I guess.

More like brutal honesty from a paying customer. A little more honest input and a lot less butt-nuzzling right from the start and maybe we wouldn't be talking "WitP II". If this was an accident victim (instead of a train wreck), it'd look like a mummy from all the layers of bandaids applied trying to stop arterial bleeding.

I'll buy WitP II...maybe a year after its release. If the game designs been thought through. If my leaders don't dissappear. If land combat works. If air combat works. If the log system works. If you can play without an inch thick list of self-imposed "house rules" ect.

And no...I don't play this game, and destroyed the disk in case I was ever tempted to re-install it for the umpteenth time.

Good by again till next year or so...back to looking at the pictures.

(in reply to rroberson)
Post #: 47
RE: New Development for War In The Pacific -- MUST READ - 3/3/2006 10:37:59 PM   
niceguy2005

quote:

ORIGINAL: Reiryc

Fantastic news about a possible enhancement or even better, WiTP II...

Please take my money now.

I'd be happy to.

< Message edited by niceguy2005 -- 3/3/2006 10:38:26 PM >

Artwork graciously provided by Dixie

(in reply to Reiryc)
Post #: 48
RE: New Development for War In The Pacific -- MUST READ - 3/3/2006 10:39:47 PM   
Halsey

If you need a ground combat expert,
I would recommend "Irrelevant".

He seems to be among the few who actually understands it's workings.

(in reply to jwilkerson)
Post #: 49
RE: New Development for War In The Pacific -- MUST READ - 3/3/2006 10:40:57 PM   
Halsey

quote:

ORIGINAL: anarchyintheuk

Great news. I can see Halsey coming back from limbo right now.

(in reply to anarchyintheuk)
Post #: 50
RE: New Development for War In The Pacific -- MUST READ - 3/3/2006 11:02:53 PM   
mdiehl

Why does the name "Don Bowen" really sound familiar to me? Some association with old 3W or GDW or Avalon Hill maybe?

Show me a fellow who rejects statistical analysis a priori and I'll show you a fellow who has no knowledge of statistics.

Didn't we have this conversation already?

(in reply to Halsey)
Post #: 51
RE: New Development for War In The Pacific -- MUST READ - 3/3/2006 11:04:52 PM   
Bulldog61

This is really great welcome aboad guys!

You can run but you'll die tired!

(in reply to Hipper)
Post #: 52
RE: New Development for War In The Pacific -- MUST READ - 3/3/2006 11:06:21 PM   
Feinder

quote:

A little more honest input and a lot less butt-nuzzling

Are you kidding?!

Honesty is way over-rated. Butt nuzzling all the way.

Oh wait. We're not talking about that.

-F-

"It is obvious that you have greatly over-estimated my regard for your opinion." - Me

Post #: 53
RE: New Development for War In The Pacific -- MUST READ - 3/3/2006 11:25:00 PM   
Demosthenes

quote:

ORIGINAL: mdiehl

Why does the name "Don Bowen" really sound familiar to me? Some association with old 3W or GDW or Avalon Hill maybe?

Not sure, but I believe Don Bowen has been with CHS for some time...maybe that's where you heard the name..

(in reply to mdiehl)
Post #: 54
RE: New Development for War In The Pacific -- MUST READ - 3/3/2006 11:26:04 PM   
Demosthenes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Feinder

quote:

A little more honest input and a lot less butt-nuzzling

Are you kidding?!

Honesty is way over-rated. Butt nuzzling all the way.

Oh wait. We're not talking about that.

-F-

(in reply to Feinder)
Post #: 55
RE: New Development for War In The Pacific -- MUST READ - 3/3/2006 11:32:18 PM   
Don Bowen

quote:

I used to contribute to work on PacWar - mainly the early editors. If you are thinking of anything else - I am sure that I have an alibi for that day.

(in reply to mdiehl)
Post #: 56
RE: New Development for War In The Pacific -- MUST READ - 3/3/2006 11:34:58 PM   
rroberson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Don Bowen

quote:

I used to contribute to work on PacWar - mainly the early editors. If you are thinking of anything else - I am sure that I have an alibi for that day.

lol

(in reply to Don Bowen)
Post #: 57
RE: New Development for War In The Pacific -- MUST READ - 3/3/2006 11:39:56 PM   
mdiehl

No sweat man. I have this vague memory of "Bowen" written artiste sig on old Avalon Hill cover art. Wondered if there was some conxtion.

Show me a fellow who rejects statistical analysis a priori and I'll show you a fellow who has no knowledge of statistics.

Didn't we have this conversation already?

(in reply to rroberson)
Post #: 58
RE: New Development for War In The Pacific -- MUST READ - 3/3/2006 11:56:07 PM   
Ursa MAior

quote:

Those that actually play it at least.

Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood point Nik!!

Welcome sir aboard! Please don take us too seriously we just want to be Nimitz's or Yamamoto's shoes sooooooooo badly.

Art by the amazing Dixie

(in reply to Nikademus)
Post #: 59
RE: New Development for War In The Pacific -- MUST READ - 3/4/2006 12:07:12 AM   
BossGnome

WITP 2? What the hell would there be left to improve upon after patch 1.8? If everything works as planned, I really don't see how they could make the game more complete... Graphics...maybe??

"Hard pressed on my right; my left is in retreat. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking."
-Gen. Joffre, before the battle of the Marne

(in reply to Ursa MAior)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> RE: New Development for War In The Pacific -- MUST READ Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI