New Development for War In The Pacific -- MUST READ (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945

David Heath -> New Development for War In The Pacific -- MUST READ (3/3/2006 7:08:11 PM)

Hi Everyone

I sasid for a while that something was in the works........ well effective immediate we will be adding two new members to the WITP Programming Team. Joining Mike Wood ( Matrix ) and Gary Grigsby ( 2 by 3 ) will be Don Bowen and Joe Wilkerson.

Don Bowen, recently from IBM has had a long career as a systems developer, with 15 years in propriety software, and a total of 35 years on all platforms. Don’s military experience was in the US Navy in Destroyers, including Vietnam service.

Joe Wilkerson, recently from Novellus Systems where he was IT Director, has worked as a developer and software engineer for over 22 years in a number of different industries. Joe's game development experience includes design and development work for Game System's Inc. on the original Earthwood. Joe’s degrees are in Math and Computer Science. Joe’s military experience was in the US Army in Field Artillery.

The initial task for this Team will be to help finish the 1.8 patch, which will include everything currently in the 1.7.9.5 Beta but with both the disappearing leader and disappearing unit bugs, corrected God willing. I am sure Joe and Don will add a few goodies as well. When the patch is completed, depending on interest we will consider doing a possible WITP Enhancement Pack, or at some point even a new WITP II game. Please give these guys some time to go over everything and get up to speed on it.

What this reaaly means is that WITP development will be moving forward and some new WITP products are being considered. So please join us in welcoming these two new members to our development team.

David Heath

Berkut -> RE: New Development for War In The Pacific -- MUST READ (3/3/2006 7:09:08 PM)

Welcome!!!!

Great news, glad to hear that there will be more development in the future for WITP!!!

Need a third? Gotta be more interesting than what I am doing now...

Captain Ed -> RE: New Development for War In The Pacific -- MUST READ (3/3/2006 7:10:58 PM)

Welcome to my nightmares.[:D][:D][:D]

anarchyintheuk -> RE: New Development for War In The Pacific -- MUST READ (3/3/2006 7:11:08 PM)

Great news. I can see Halsey coming back from limbo right now.

invernomuto -> RE: New Development for War In The Pacific -- MUST READ (3/3/2006 7:16:04 PM)

Great news!!!
Don&Joe, WELCOME [&o][&o][&o][&o][&o]

Mynok -> RE: New Development for War In The Pacific -- MUST READ (3/3/2006 7:19:36 PM)

[image]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e355/Mynok1/Smilies/allhail4kk.gif[/image]

mlees -> RE: New Development for War In The Pacific -- MUST READ (3/3/2006 7:19:58 PM)

quote:

When the patch is completed, depending on interest we will consider doing a possible WITP Enhancement Pack, or at some point even a new WITP II game. Please give these guys some time to go over everything and get up to speed on it.

*raised eyebrow*

Really? I thought that the WiTP II option had been nixed. I gotta read these forums more than once a week, I guess.

Demosthenes -> RE: New Development for War In The Pacific -- MUST READ (3/3/2006 7:21:40 PM)

THAT IS OUTSTANDING!!!![&o][&o][&o][&o]

Congrats Don and Joe!!

Mike Solli -> RE: New Development for War In The Pacific -- MUST READ (3/3/2006 7:21:41 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mynok

[image]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e355/Mynok1/Smilies/allhail4kk.gif[/image]

Mynok, you have far too much time on your hands.[:D]

Mynok -> RE: New Development for War In The Pacific -- MUST READ (3/3/2006 7:22:50 PM)

It doesn't take long to steal...... [:D]

Mistmatz -> RE: New Development for War In The Pacific -- MUST READ (3/3/2006 7:28:17 PM)

Now thats great news. [:)][:)][:)]

Lets hope those guys will not be overwhelmed with expectations... [;)]

Mike Solli -> RE: New Development for War In The Pacific -- MUST READ (3/3/2006 7:33:43 PM)

One step at a time. We must all be patient.

Yank -> RE: New Development for War In The Pacific -- MUST READ (3/3/2006 7:33:47 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mike Solli

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mynok

Mynok, you have far too much time on your hands.[:D]

And yet, he'll still find a way to stomp my a$$ in pbem... [X(]

joey -> RE: New Development for War In The Pacific -- MUST READ (3/3/2006 7:36:11 PM)

Great!!!!!

RevRick -> RE: Great Jumpin' Jehosaphat!!!!! (3/3/2006 7:40:16 PM)

Abso-bloomin'-lutely great news!!! Now if my schedule would calm down for a while about the time they release the patch - wonderful...[sm=Cool-049.gif]

Erik Rutins -> RE: New Development for War In The Pacific -- MUST READ (3/3/2006 7:41:21 PM)

Congratulations, Joe and Don. I know WitP is in good hands with you.

Man, it's good to finally be able to talk about this. [:D] I ask everyone to please give Don and Joe your support, this is great news for WitP and this community and we hope you are all as excited as we are.

Regards,

- Erik

aztez -> RE: New Development for War In The Pacific -- MUST READ (3/3/2006 7:47:14 PM)

This is great news indeed!!! [:D]

treespider -> RE: New Development for War In The Pacific -- MUST READ (3/3/2006 7:48:21 PM)

Huzzah!

Apollo11 -> RE: New Development for War In The Pacific -- MUST READ (3/3/2006 7:56:52 PM)

Hi all,

Great news indeed - thanks Matrix/2By3!!!

Welcome Don Bowen and Joe Wilkerson!

Leo "Apollo11"

Alikchi2 -> RE: New Development for War In The Pacific -- MUST READ (3/3/2006 7:58:55 PM)

Fantastic news! Congrats to you both [:)]

WitP brought to new life!

Honda -> RE: New Development for War In The Pacific -- MUST READ (3/3/2006 8:11:25 PM)

Weeeeeeeeeeeeee[:)]

wild_Willie2 -> RE: New Development for War In The Pacific -- MUST READ (3/3/2006 8:17:34 PM)

WITP is not dead, its ALIVE AND KICKING!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nikademus -> RE: New Development for War In The Pacific -- MUST READ (3/3/2006 8:26:17 PM)

was there ever any doubt? [;)]

ckk -> RE: New Development for War In The Pacific -- MUST READ (3/3/2006 8:40:41 PM)

Further development of WITP!!!!![sm=00000436.gif]

rroberson -> RE: New Development for War In The Pacific -- MUST READ (3/3/2006 8:41:16 PM)

HOT DAMN!!

Best news I have heard today.

Welcome aboard guys...

niceguy2005 -> RE: New Development for War In The Pacific -- MUST READ (3/3/2006 8:45:18 PM)

3 cheers for the hole team! Glad to hear of the commitment to making a good product one of the best ever.

Feinder -> RE: New Development for War In The Pacific -- MUST READ (3/3/2006 8:45:57 PM)

(* zombie voice *)

"Must read this thread..."

Great news! Welcome aboard!

Reiryc -> RE: New Development for War In The Pacific -- MUST READ (3/3/2006 8:47:18 PM)

Fantastic news about a possible enhancement or even better, WiTP II...

Please take my money now. [;)]

kokubokan25 -> RE: New Development for War In The Pacific -- MUST READ (3/3/2006 8:47:48 PM)

WITP II ????
Who must be killed to get it???[:D][:D]
CHEERS!!

Hipper -> RE: New Development for War In The Pacific -- MUST READ (3/3/2006 8:50:25 PM)

Excelent

Good news I'm very glad this excelent game is moving forward !

Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI