Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: saved game fails to load

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> RE: saved game fails to load Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: saved game fails to load - 3/31/2006 3:31:25 PM   
Feinder

FWIW, LtFightr and I are having the same problem.

I have a send from him, that gets this error. All fire-wall and anti-virus software is shut down. He resent, and I re-DL'd the file. No funky attributes on the file. Stil won't load.

I have another game, with a send -TO- him, that he gets the fails to load error on his side. Again, no fire-wall and anti-virus on my side. I -did- load correctly on -MY- side (when I tried loading it, it asked for his password, so file is ok on my side). I resent to him, but again, no joy on his side.

-F-

"It is obvious that you have greatly over-estimated my regard for your opinion." - Me

(in reply to demonterico)
Post #: 31
RE: saved game fails to load - 3/31/2006 4:41:35 PM   
demonterico

Just an update. I spoke with my friend last weekend a couple of times, he had several ideas to try, including a complete reinstall of the game and patches, and the problem persisted. I think that left him feeling a bit frustrated. I suggested that he try getting a file from another person to see if that would load, but I don't know if he has tried that yet.

The world has never seen a more impressive demonstration of the influence of sea power upon history. Those far distant, storm-beaten ships, upon which the Grand Army never looked, stood between it and the dominion of the world. -- Alfred Thayer Mahan

(in reply to Feinder)
Post #: 32
RE: saved game fails to load - 3/31/2006 4:45:13 PM   
Feinder

If all else fails, you can re-do your moves, starting with the last good file (you probably have a previous file in your inbox or sent folder, I always forget to clean these out).

-F-

"It is obvious that you have greatly over-estimated my regard for your opinion." - Me

Post #: 33
RE: saved game fails to load - 3/31/2006 4:52:32 PM   
demonterico

No unfortunately we're just starting this game its the first move.

The world has never seen a more impressive demonstration of the influence of sea power upon history. Those far distant, storm-beaten ships, upon which the Grand Army never looked, stood between it and the dominion of the world. -- Alfred Thayer Mahan

(in reply to Feinder)
Post #: 34
RE: saved game fails to load - 3/31/2006 4:56:41 PM   
Feinder

First turn moves. Ouch. That sucks.

Nothing else to say about that.

-F-

Post #: 35
RE: saved game fails to load - 3/31/2006 8:14:15 PM   
TulliusDetritus

This is very weird. A curse? A voodoo spell for revenge? Any caribbean enemy in your neighbourhood? Well, at least that was not the first turn of the big monster scenario

a nu cheeki breeki iv damke

(in reply to Feinder)
Post #: 36
RE: saved game fails to load - 4/4/2006 5:47:48 AM   
armorthe

Sorry to be so long in responding. Dave and I have been working on this for a couple of more weeks, when we can. Still no luck getting his file to load into my game. I have completely reinstalled WitP, along with all of the patches, (we are both operating with 1.60). Is NOMAD saying that i should disable all anti virus software before reinstalling the game? I have already disabled all anti virus software while downloading dave's files to my game "saves" folder. no luck there. I can certainly reload the entire game, plus patches, again, with my anti virus software disabled, if you think that is the problem.
Dave and I are wondering if my game would accept a file sent from somebody else. Could anybody send me a file of a game as the japanese. Just move an airplane, or something, and advance it to the allied turn. This would narrow it further down, to my computer, my game, or whatever, if the neutral game file fails to load. My e-mail address is "rmorr3army@aol.com".
I can play the game against the AI no problem. I can load my saves against the computer no problem. I have run diagnostics on my system several times with no problems found. I am running a top of the line Dell, 6 months old, and there are no other operating problems with everything else that I do with this computer. The only thing this system will not do is load a saved, PBEM WitP file. Dave and I will not give up on this. Success is the only acceptable outcome.
We very much appreciate NOMAD's, and everyone else's expertise, and assistance.

Very Sincerely Your's, Ralph

Post #: 37
RE: saved game fails to load - 4/4/2006 6:17:38 AM   
Nomad

YES, disable your AV before you installing. I will send you a file in a few mins.

Two game files sent, let me know if either will work.

< Message edited by Nomad -- 4/4/2006 6:24:21 AM >

(in reply to armorthe)
Post #: 38
RE: saved game fails to load - 4/5/2006 5:00:13 AM   
armorthe

Thanks for sending the files Nomad. both refused to load with the same "failed to load file" message as I have been getting with Dave's. At this stage, I am not too surprised. What ever is wrong seems to be on my end. I will completely reboot the game, and patches, again, with anti-virus off before I even start.
What about firewalls or spyware? I have 3 firewalls. Windows, AOL regular, and an advanced AOL firewall that I pay $3.99 a month for. I do not think that spyware is a problem. My firewalls did not prevent me sending Dave's file to you successfully.
Anyway, I will report back after the new reload attempt with the results. Regard's, Ralph

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 39
RE: saved game fails to load - 4/5/2006 6:04:06 AM   
Nomad

I sent you an email with a file called enditall. Use it, it really works, I use it every time I am installing a program and it
really cures problems. Note that I had to name it enditall.txt to get it through my gmail filter so you will have to rename it enditall.exe. Good luck

(in reply to armorthe)
Post #: 40
RE: saved game fails to load - 4/6/2006 6:28:44 AM   
armorthe

No go. I completely rebuilt the game from scratch with anti-virus turned off before I started. I then loaded the 2 files from Nomad, (test saves, slot's 12 and 13). Both were in my saved game slot's, but both would not load, with the same "saved game failed to load" message. I did notice, that it took less time for the hour glass to stay on the screen, than it has before, when the failed message appeared in the past. I do not know if this is a hint, as to what might be wrong.
I should have tried to load the saves when I had the game at 1.00, then again at 1.40, and at 1.50, and 1.60, just to see if I could isolate the problem in one of the patches. I will try this again next time around. During the work week, I only have so much time, to rebuild the game over and over again. I have the 16 digit serial number memorized now, after so many re-boot's.
I did receive the utility program. Thank you again Nomad. This will be the next effort to break loose the logjam. I will not rebuild the game again tonight however. I can only take so much frustration at a time.
When I do work up the internal fortitiude to tackle this mess again, I will certainly report back to this forum, with the new results. Dave and I will not accept not being able to play WitP. Although, we may start a new UV game, in the mean time, as we need our Fix! Regard's all, Ralph

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 41
RE: saved game fails to load - 4/6/2006 7:01:17 AM   
Feinder

Not to give you wigglies, but LtFightr sent me an email that his hard drive was borked. Not that WitP caused it. But that the drive was messed up, and was thus the file was corrupted at time of save.

Come to think on it, try running a utility to see if there are bad-sectors and such. It could be that you're writing to a bad spot...

Dunno.

-F-

(in reply to armorthe)
Post #: 42
RE: saved game fails to load - 4/14/2006 8:14:04 PM   
demonterico

Success at last!

Looks like it was a corrupted 1.3 patch. Ralph uses AOL dialup to download his patches. I've got cable. I burned copies of my patches on a CD for him, he then reinstalled the game using the patches on that CD, and now it works. He would open the game after each patch install, and noticed a big lessoning of the time for the game to open when he used the 1.3 patch off the CD compared to the 1.3 patch he had downloaded using AOL. Now that we've finally figured this out it makes sense, 1.3 is a very large file (76.5 MB). AOL just couldn't handle it.

edit:

Almost forgot to say thank you to everyone for your interest and help. Special thanks to Nomad for receiving, sending, and testing files, and thank you all very much.

< Message edited by demonterico -- 4/14/2006 8:19:04 PM >

(in reply to Feinder)
Post #: 43
RE: saved game fails to load - 4/15/2006 3:23:06 AM   
Nomad

I'm glad to hear that you got it fixed. Now it is time to attack!

Post #: 44
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> RE: saved game fails to load Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI