Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Stranded Squadrons - No Planes -

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Stranded Squadrons - No Planes - Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Stranded Squadrons - No Planes - - 5/18/2006 6:59:12 PM   
The Duke

I've found myself in probably what is a fairly common situation for the Japanese player. PBEM, mid '43....I've had a few of my squadrons on the Admiralty Islands blasted to oblivion by 800+ 4-engine bombers. I evactuated what squadrons I could, but a couple are still sitting there, reinforcements off (i.e. 0 planes), and some damn good pilots.

Unfortunately I can't simply move these squadrons (i.e. pilots) onto AKs for evacuation. Is there any way this can be done, or do you simply have to hit the 'accept reinforcements' button and watch a few hundred more airframes go to waste when his B24s darken the skies on a daily basis?

If this is the only option then this is one of the biggest flaws in the game, imho. Thanks for the feedback-
Post #: 1
RE: Stranded Squadrons - No Planes - - 5/18/2006 7:01:28 PM   
Erik Rutins

v1.801 allows such squadrons to be loaded on AKs, whereas previous versions did not. Does that help your problem?

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to The Duke)
Post #: 2
RE: Stranded Squadrons - No Planes - - 5/18/2006 7:06:26 PM   
Captain Ed

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Duke

I've found myself in probably what is a fairly common situation for the Japanese player. PBEM, mid '43....I've had a few of my squadrons on the Admiralty Islands blasted to oblivion by 800+ 4-engine bombers. I evactuated what squadrons I could, but a couple are still sitting there, reinforcements off (i.e. 0 planes), and some damn good pilots.

Unfortunately I can't simply move these squadrons (i.e. pilots) onto AKs for evacuation. Is there any way this can be done, or do you simply have to hit the 'accept reinforcements' button and watch a few hundred more airframes go to waste when his B24s darken the skies on a daily basis?

If this is the only option then this is one of the biggest flaws in the game, imho. Thanks for the feedback-

The biggest flaw may be the 800 plus bomber groups "ouch" If you can move the pilots via submarine now that would be cool, trying to load them onto AKs in the face of those Bomb groups would be problematical.

THE FIRST DAY OF YOUR DIET IS THE HARDEST
THE SECOND DAY IS EASY CAUSE YOU QUIT

(in reply to The Duke)
Post #: 3
RE: Stranded Squadrons - No Planes - - 5/18/2006 7:50:33 PM   
Mynok

Plus...they would have to want to be loaded.

(in reply to Captain Ed)
Post #: 4
RE: Stranded Squadrons - No Planes - - 5/19/2006 12:12:35 AM   
ChezDaJez

quote:

v1.801 allows such squadrons to be loaded on AKs, whereas previous versions did not. Does that help your problem?

Hi Erik,

The only problem here is that if a base is being blasted as his is, no AK is going to survive the run the gauntlet. Plus doesn't helped for any pilots stranded at a land-locked base.

I have the same problem with a group of pilots stranded at Nanning. They wouldn't transfer no matter what. Even tried to change the HQ to Kwantang HQ and move them by rail... nope!

Would be nice if the pilots could be airlifted out via transports or shipped out by rail.

Chez

Ret Navy AWCS (1972-1998)
VP-5, Jacksonville, Fl 1973-78
ASW Ops Center, Rota, Spain 1978-81
VP-40, Mt View, Ca 1981-87
Patrol Wing 10, Mt View, CA 1987-90
ASW Ops Center, Adak, Ak 1990-92
NRD Seattle 1992-96
VP-46, Whidbey Isl, Wa 1996-98

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Stranded Squadrons - No Planes - Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI