Stranded Squadrons - No Planes - (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945

The Duke -> Stranded Squadrons - No Planes - (5/18/2006 6:59:12 PM)

I've found myself in probably what is a fairly common situation for the Japanese player. PBEM, mid '43....I've had a few of my squadrons on the Admiralty Islands blasted to oblivion by 800+ 4-engine bombers. I evactuated what squadrons I could, but a couple are still sitting there, reinforcements off (i.e. 0 planes), and some damn good pilots.

Unfortunately I can't simply move these squadrons (i.e. pilots) onto AKs for evacuation. Is there any way this can be done, or do you simply have to hit the 'accept reinforcements' button and watch a few hundred more airframes go to waste when his B24s darken the skies on a daily basis?

If this is the only option then this is one of the biggest flaws in the game, imho. Thanks for the feedback-

Erik Rutins -> RE: Stranded Squadrons - No Planes - (5/18/2006 7:01:28 PM)

v1.801 allows such squadrons to be loaded on AKs, whereas previous versions did not. Does that help your problem?

Regards,

- Erik

Captain Ed -> RE: Stranded Squadrons - No Planes - (5/18/2006 7:06:26 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Duke

I've found myself in probably what is a fairly common situation for the Japanese player. PBEM, mid '43....I've had a few of my squadrons on the Admiralty Islands blasted to oblivion by 800+ 4-engine bombers. I evactuated what squadrons I could, but a couple are still sitting there, reinforcements off (i.e. 0 planes), and some damn good pilots.

Unfortunately I can't simply move these squadrons (i.e. pilots) onto AKs for evacuation. Is there any way this can be done, or do you simply have to hit the 'accept reinforcements' button and watch a few hundred more airframes go to waste when his B24s darken the skies on a daily basis?

If this is the only option then this is one of the biggest flaws in the game, imho. Thanks for the feedback-

The biggest flaw may be the 800 plus bomber groups "ouch" If you can move the pilots via submarine now that would be cool, trying to load them onto AKs in the face of those Bomb groups would be problematical.[:D]

Mynok -> RE: Stranded Squadrons - No Planes - (5/18/2006 7:50:33 PM)

Plus...they would have to want to be loaded. [:D]

ChezDaJez -> RE: Stranded Squadrons - No Planes - (5/19/2006 12:12:35 AM)

quote:

v1.801 allows such squadrons to be loaded on AKs, whereas previous versions did not. Does that help your problem?

Hi Erik,

The only problem here is that if a base is being blasted as his is, no AK is going to survive the run the gauntlet. Plus doesn't helped for any pilots stranded at a land-locked base.

I have the same problem with a group of pilots stranded at Nanning. They wouldn't transfer no matter what. Even tried to change the HQ to Kwantang HQ and move them by rail... nope!

Would be nice if the pilots could be airlifted out via transports or shipped out by rail.

Chez

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI