Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

What I'd love to see

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> What I'd love to see Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
What I'd love to see - 5/18/2006 9:57:42 PM   
orton1227

is the batter's nameplate on the field on the appropriate side of the plate, instead of just the fielders. it fits my mind better i guess. I always look to the plate first to see who's up, forget that there's no namebox, and then remember to look at the corner of the screen. i'd be interested to see if it's just me who's weird, or if others do this too.
Post #: 1
RE: What I'd love to see - 5/18/2006 10:02:26 PM   
tbear2b

I do it too, although it's not that big of a deal to me. I don't know much about coding, so I don't know if it will affect simulation times at all to do it.

(in reply to orton1227)
Post #: 2
RE: What I'd love to see - 5/18/2006 10:02:43 PM   
orton1227

Also, I'd like to see a box like the in-game lineups that displays their current game stats as opposed to just season stats. So it could say 1-4 2B, if a batter's one for four with a double, or 0-4 3K if they had three strikeouts, etc.

(in reply to orton1227)
Post #: 3
RE: What I'd love to see - 5/19/2006 10:51:50 AM   
JudgeDredd

quote:

ORIGINAL: orton1227

is the batter's nameplate on the field on the appropriate side of the plate, instead of just the fielders. it fits my mind better i guess. I always look to the plate first to see who's up, forget that there's no namebox, and then remember to look at the corner of the screen. i'd be interested to see if it's just me who's weird, or if others do this too.

I do this. Even though I'm new to Baseball, I keep looking at the plate to see who my batter is, seeing the cathers name and thinking "I don't think he's mine", then looking to the side. Still looking, even after a few games...but it's no big deal...I need to look to the side anyway to see the stats....so no biggie.

Alba gu' brath

(in reply to orton1227)
Post #: 4
RE: What I'd love to see - 5/19/2006 11:30:52 AM   
NYM86

That is a good idea Orton. I would like to see in game stats too. I remember the old game Hardball used to have in-game stats like that, and it really added to the realism. I hope that this can be added in the game.

(in reply to orton1227)
Post #: 5
RE: What I'd love to see - 5/19/2006 12:31:00 PM   
Sonny

I too look to the plate to see who the batter is. It would really be a nice touch. We have ball flight (which is a great improvement BTW) so spruce up the display with the batter in the box.

Quote from Snigbert -

"If you mess with the historical accuracy, you're going to have ahistorical outcomes."

"I'll say it again for Sonny's sake: If you mess with historical accuracy, you're going to have
ahistorical outcomes. "

(in reply to NYM86)
Post #: 6
RE: What I'd love to see - 5/19/2006 5:01:51 PM   
jacmar

I have to agree guys. Its just instinctive to look at the plate and see who is up. I also noticed that when my team is batting and my pitcher is due up late in the game, I have no idea how many pitches he has thrown. Does anyone know how to see this when your team is batting?

(in reply to Sonny)
Post #: 7
RE: What I'd love to see - 5/19/2006 6:02:39 PM   
Sonny

quote:

ORIGINAL: jacmar

I have to agree guys. Its just instinctive to look at the plate and see who is up. I also noticed that when my team is batting and my pitcher is due up late in the game, I have no idea how many pitches he has thrown. Does anyone know how to see this when your team is batting?

You gotta go to the lineup and look there.

Quote from Snigbert -

"If you mess with the historical accuracy, you're going to have ahistorical outcomes."

"I'll say it again for Sonny's sake: If you mess with historical accuracy, you're going to have
ahistorical outcomes. "

(in reply to jacmar)
Post #: 8
RE: What I'd love to see - 5/19/2006 6:08:07 PM   
jacmar

OK Sonny...I thought I did look there but maybe I missed it. Even on the offensive lineup, it lists the number of pitches thrown by the pitcher that is coming to bat? I will check again on that. Thanks Sonny...

(in reply to Sonny)
Post #: 9
RE: What I'd love to see - 5/19/2006 6:38:24 PM   
JimboJ

It on the lineup screen where it shows all the players at their positions on the field. Next to the pitchers name is the number of pitches he has thrown.

(in reply to jacmar)
Post #: 10
RE: What I'd love to see - 5/19/2006 7:03:18 PM   
jacmar

Thanks Jimbo...When I play a game later I'll check it out...

(in reply to JimboJ)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> What I'd love to see Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI