Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

TCP/IP mode

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> TCP/IP mode Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
TCP/IP mode - 7/22/2000 8:00:00 PM   
PR^Spanjab

I've asked this question a couple of times and if it has been answered and I missed it then I'm sorry, this board is SOOOOOO busy! I'll get it to mail me if I get a reply this time! The TCP/IP version which I am looking forward to a great deal, do we know how it will cope should 1 or more people get disconnected from the net or timed out etc? Cheers!

Post #: 1
- 7/22/2000 9:21:00 PM   
Paul Vebber

Two choices - a message appears saying a person has been lost. You can either stop at that point and start over at the end of the last turn, or let the AI take over his side (which it will do if you ignore the message and keep playing) and then save at the end of the turn and start again from there. I'm not fuly confident in the ability to save the game mid stream and start it back up again. I think if the save file is sent to all teh players it will work, but worst case is you either fall back to teh start of teh last turn, or move ahead with the AI filling in to the next turn.

(in reply to PR^Spanjab)
Post #: 2
- 7/22/2000 9:56:00 PM   
PR^Spanjab

Cheers Paul, that sounds OK as long as the play lost is 1 turn at the most it's fine. Will the game be saved between each players turn or at the end of a full turn for each player? Is there no way the other players could wait for the player to reconnect to the internet, maybe by an alt-tab out before resuming the TCP/IP protocol? I think that's probably more trouble than it's worth and if you can continue from just 1 turn back then that'll be awesome! The main reason I am asking is that in the UK right now most ISP's offer free phone calls but have a two hour cutoff. I suppose I could get a stopwatch and at the end of a turn prior to me getting cut off I could stop and reconnect? Cheers, keep it up! Spanjab

(in reply to PR^Spanjab)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> TCP/IP mode Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI