Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Pitcher injury issue (1.19)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Public Beta Feedback >> Pitcher injury issue (1.19) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Pitcher injury issue (1.19) - 7/16/2006 5:27:24 AM   
SpharV2

Posted this in the wrong forum, so reposted here.

I found a bit of an injury exploit, at least for pitchers. I had a starter who had a severe arm injury that was going to have him out for 7 weeks. Since there were only 6 weeks left in the season I didn't want to disable him. I stuck him at my last reliever spot and put his usage to "Keep this player on the bench". I played the next four games, went back to the modify lineups screen, and he was completely well. I've experimented with this a couple more times, and the recovery times may vary by a day or so, but they're always well within a week or less.
Post #: 1
RE: Pitcher injury issue (1.19) - 7/16/2006 6:39:11 PM   
SittingDuck

I've seen this happen, too.  However, I am currently testing it in my assn and it looks to me this only happens for starters, not relievers.  I have benched a reliever and he is healing at the standard rate.  I'll follow with info on any starters with injuries and sitting in the healing bullpen.

(in reply to SpharV2)
Post #: 2
RE: Pitcher injury issue (1.19) - 7/16/2006 7:04:38 PM   
SpharV2

I've had it happen to my closer too. I haven't had any middle relievers go down, so I haven't been able to see if it works on them too or not.

(in reply to SittingDuck)
Post #: 3
RE: Pitcher injury issue (1.19) - 7/16/2006 9:23:36 PM   
SittingDuck

Found something interesting.  When I benched a pitcher with injury, I was simming one day at a time and checking his heal rate.  He healed normally, usually just a day increment.

However, with about 9 days of injury time left, I set up a 4-game sim stretch.  Came back and he was completely healed.  Not sure if that was a factor or the heal time just decreased radically because he was close.  I'll try it with another pitcher when injured and immediately set up a few days sim stretch and see if it wipes it out.

(in reply to SpharV2)
Post #: 4
RE: Pitcher injury issue (1.19) - 7/16/2006 10:40:55 PM   
SpharV2

quote:

ORIGINAL: SittingDuck

Found something interesting.  When I benched a pitcher with injury, I was simming one day at a time and checking his heal rate.  He healed normally, usually just a day increment.

However, with about 9 days of injury time left, I set up a 4-game sim stretch.  Came back and he was completely healed.  Not sure if that was a factor or the heal time just decreased radically because he was close.  I'll try it with another pitcher when injured and immediately set up a few days sim stretch and see if it wipes it out.

I don't think that matters too much, I always sim single days and I still see it happening.

(in reply to SittingDuck)
Post #: 5
RE: Pitcher injury issue (1.19) - 7/16/2006 11:20:35 PM   
SittingDuck

Hmmmmm.  Guess this is just a hole in the injury healing process.

(in reply to SpharV2)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Public Beta Feedback >> Pitcher injury issue (1.19) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI