Pitcher injury issue (1.19) (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Public Beta Feedback

SpharV2 -> Pitcher injury issue (1.19) (7/16/2006 5:27:24 AM)

Posted this in the wrong forum, so reposted here.

I found a bit of an injury exploit, at least for pitchers. I had a starter who had a severe arm injury that was going to have him out for 7 weeks. Since there were only 6 weeks left in the season I didn't want to disable him. I stuck him at my last reliever spot and put his usage to "Keep this player on the bench". I played the next four games, went back to the modify lineups screen, and he was completely well. I've experimented with this a couple more times, and the recovery times may vary by a day or so, but they're always well within a week or less.

SittingDuck -> RE: Pitcher injury issue (1.19) (7/16/2006 6:39:11 PM)

I've seen this happen, too.  However, I am currently testing it in my assn and it looks to me this only happens for starters, not relievers.  I have benched a reliever and he is healing at the standard rate.  I'll follow with info on any starters with injuries and sitting in the healing bullpen.

SpharV2 -> RE: Pitcher injury issue (1.19) (7/16/2006 7:04:38 PM)

I've had it happen to my closer too. I haven't had any middle relievers go down, so I haven't been able to see if it works on them too or not.

SittingDuck -> RE: Pitcher injury issue (1.19) (7/16/2006 9:23:36 PM)

Found something interesting.  When I benched a pitcher with injury, I was simming one day at a time and checking his heal rate.  He healed normally, usually just a day increment.

However, with about 9 days of injury time left, I set up a 4-game sim stretch.  Came back and he was completely healed.  Not sure if that was a factor or the heal time just decreased radically because he was close.  I'll try it with another pitcher when injured and immediately set up a few days sim stretch and see if it wipes it out.

SpharV2 -> RE: Pitcher injury issue (1.19) (7/16/2006 10:40:55 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: SittingDuck

Found something interesting.  When I benched a pitcher with injury, I was simming one day at a time and checking his heal rate.  He healed normally, usually just a day increment.

However, with about 9 days of injury time left, I set up a 4-game sim stretch.  Came back and he was completely healed.  Not sure if that was a factor or the heal time just decreased radically because he was close.  I'll try it with another pitcher when injured and immediately set up a few days sim stretch and see if it wipes it out.

I don't think that matters too much, I always sim single days and I still see it happening.

SittingDuck -> RE: Pitcher injury issue (1.19) (7/16/2006 11:20:35 PM)

Hmmmmm.  Guess this is just a hole in the injury healing process.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI